Subject: bug#10740: 24.0.93; shell-command-on-region works via menu but not by keys

From: Achim Gratz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 07:35:38 +0100

"Th. Rikl" <[email-masked]> writes:
> To create the keycord M-| i have to hold ALT (means Meta) hold AltGr
> to get the bar on german keycap <>| and even press <>| .
> Examining this keycord with C-h k gives a reaction as if i had pressed
> nothing.

That's because most keyboards can't process these three keys together
(lookup keyboard ghosting).  You need to use the ESC prefix instead of
the meta key.  If M-~ also doesn't work, then there might be a problem
with your X configuration and the mapping of the "Alt Gr" key, but I
think your problem is simply ghosting.  In any case, Emacs can't do
anything about it, it simply never got the keypress you think it should
be getting (most likely it'll see ALT_L and SHIFT_L3 pressed and
released, which means nothing to do).

Regards,
Achim.
-- 
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER:
http://Synth.Stromeko.net/Downloads.html#KomplexerWaves