Subject: bug#10733: 24.0.93; w32 file truncation

From: "Ota, Takaaki" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 16:16:23 -0800

Yes, I can do that.

1. Have a text file that has more than 65375 characters.  Let's call
   this text file test.txt.

2. Run cmd.exe and change directory to where test.txt is located.

3. Then execute the next command in the cmd.

  mklink link.txt test.txt

4. Now run emacs as "emacs -Q link.txt" and do M-> (end-of-buffer).

5. Find that you are not seeing the end of the file but somewhere
   around 65375 character location and the rest of the file is not
   visible.

-Tak

Sun, 5 Feb 2012 15:51:40 -0800: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > When opening a file on an NTFS file system the file opens as if the
> > content is truncated to size of 65375 characters.  This happens when
> > the file is an NTFS symbolic link which is made by mklink command of
> > cmd.exe.  There is no problem if the target file of the NTFS symbolic
> > link is smaller than this size.
> 
> Can you please give a step-by-step recipe, starting from "emacs -Q"?
> 
> Thanks,
> 
>     Juanma
>