Subject: Re: bug#1072: Viper version is 3.14 of April 06, 2008; can't exit viper insert mode with ESC using emacsclient -t

From: Stefano Zacchiroli <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 02:32:41 +0100

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 05:46:55PM -0500, Michael Kifer wrote:
> Actually, viper has the code for this, which works everywhere.
> I forgot about it. All that is needed is to convert viper-ESC-keyseq-timeout
> from a var to a function.

With the risk of looking naive, I'm asking: who will invoke the
function then? Of course we do want the thing to work even when
switching from one X11 frame to a console frame containing the very
same buffer (OK, it is extreme, but still ...). In that case who will
trigger the function execution upon switching from frame to frame?

BTW, if/when you have some proof of concept code I can test it, to
ensure that nothing else remains to be nailed down.

Cheers.

-- 
Stefano Zacchiroli -o- PhD in Computer Science \ PostDoc @ Univ. Paris 7
zack@{upsilon.cc,pps.jussieu.fr,debian.org} -<>- http://upsilon.cc/zack/
Dietro un grande uomo c'è ..|  .  |. Et ne m'en veux pas si je te tutoie
sempre uno zaino ...........| ..: |.... Je dis tu à tous ceux que j'aime