Subject: Re: bug#1072: Viper version is 3.14 of April 06, 2008; can't exit viper insert mode with ESC using emacsclient -t

From: "Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 18:21:40 +0200

Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
>> The key different seems to be key binding, while in main Emacs and
>> framed client "C-h k ESC" returns (viper-intercept-ESC-key), in
>> console clients "C-h k ESC" hangs showing "ESC-" waiting for the
>> next key in the binding.
> 
> Does this blink some light? (Or maybe explains that the bug is not at
> all related to Viper and need to be looked for in some emacsclient
> detail?)

What is the value of emulation-mode-map-alists in both cases? Is
viper--intercept-key-maps there in both cases?

What is the value of this variable in both cases? It should be something
like

((viper-vi-intercept-minor-mode keymap
                                (f6 . viper-toggle-key-action)
                                (escape . viper-intercept-ESC-key)
                                (26))
 (viper-insert-intercept-minor-mode keymap
                                    (escape . viper-intercept-ESC-key))
 (viper-emacs-intercept-minor-mode keymap
                                   (f6 . viper-change-state-to-vi)
                                   (26)))

What is the values of the key variables in the association list?

> Thanks a lot!
> Cheers.