Subject: 23.0.60; auto-mode-alist

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 00:19:44 +0200

Hello!

Due to a problem with doc-view and auto-mode-alist I sorted this  
variable's contents and found some potential flaws.

	("\\.[Pp][Rr][Oo]\\'" . idlwave-mode)		./lisp/ldefs-boot.el:14721:  
(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.[Pp][Rr][Oo]\\'" . idlwave-mode))
							./lisp/loaddefs.el:14736: (add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\. 
[Pp][Rr][Oo]\\'" . idlwave-mode))
	("\\.pro\\'" . idlwave-mode)			./lisp/files.el:2069:     ("\\.pro\ 
\'" . idlwave-mode)

The latter line seems superfluous.

	("\\.tgz\\'" . tar-mode)		./lisp/jka-cmpr-hook.el:289:  (list (cons  
"\\.tgz\\'" 'tar-mode) (cons "\\.tbz\\'" 'tar-mode))
	("\\.tbz\\'" . tar-mode)

Is it possible to combine the two lines into one? I also have TAR  
files compressed with bzip2 with the extension .tbz2, Mac OS X  
specific. Could it be added to the list of files for tar-mode?

--
Greetings

   Pete

Atheism is a non prophet organization.