Subject: Re: bug#10681: GNU Guile 2.0.5 released

From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 14:35:28 -0500

Hans Aberg <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 31 Jan 2012, at 19:04, Mark H Weaver wrote:
>
>>> The 'make check' gives this error, on OS X 10.7.2 using the compiler
>>> i686-apple-darwin11-llvm-gcc-4.2 (GCC) 4.2.1 supplied by Xcode 4.2.1:
>>> 
>>>  PASS: test-asmobs
>>> bad return from expression `(f-sum -1 2000 -30000 40000000000)': expected 39999971999; got 39999972255
>> 
>> I may be stating the obvious here, but the -1, which is declared to be
>> of type 'scm_t_int8' in the C function being called, is apparently being
>> interpreted as 255.  This suggests that whatever is handling its
>> promotion to a full int is failing to extend its sign bit.  I'm guessing
>> that this is libffi's job.
>
> It is broken (libffi from GIT, the only that works on OX 10.7):

You need to install DejaGnu in order to run libffi's test suite.
<http://www.gnu.org/software/dejagnu/>

   Thanks,
     Mark