Subject: bug#1069 closed by Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> (Re: bug#1068: auto-mode-alist)

From: [email-masked] (Emacs bug Tracking System)

This is an automatic notification regarding your bug report
which was filed against the emacs package:

#1068: 23.0.60; auto-mode-alist

It has been closed by Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
1068: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=1068
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems
>From [email-masked] Fri Oct  3 00:21:13 2008
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: bug#1068: auto-mode-alist
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 03:18:53 -0400

OK; done.

>From [email-masked] Thu Oct  2 15:19:59 2008
To: [email-masked]
From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Subject: 23.0.60; auto-mode-alist
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 00:19:44 +0200

Hello!

Due to a problem with doc-view and auto-mode-alist I sorted this  
variable's contents and found some potential flaws.

	("\\.[Pp][Rr][Oo]\\'" . idlwave-mode)		./lisp/ldefs-boot.el:14721:  
(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.[Pp][Rr][Oo]\\'" . idlwave-mode))
							./lisp/loaddefs.el:14736: (add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\. 
[Pp][Rr][Oo]\\'" . idlwave-mode))
	("\\.pro\\'" . idlwave-mode)			./lisp/files.el:2069:     ("\\.pro\ 
\'" . idlwave-mode)

The latter line seems superfluous.

	("\\.tgz\\'" . tar-mode)		./lisp/jka-cmpr-hook.el:289:  (list (cons  
"\\.tgz\\'" 'tar-mode) (cons "\\.tbz\\'" 'tar-mode))
	("\\.tbz\\'" . tar-mode)

Is it possible to combine the two lines into one? I also have TAR  
files compressed with bzip2 with the extension .tbz2, Mac OS X  
specific. Could it be added to the list of files for tar-mode?

--
Greetings

   Pete

Atheism is a non prophet organization.