Subject: bug#10676: 23.3; emacs --daemon doesn't respect .Xresouces

From: Diep Pham Van <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 13:04:02 +0700

Hi,
I start emacs with emacs --daemon in .xinitrc and when I run
emacsclient -c, new frame doesn't follow my setting in .Xresouces (turn
off toolbar, menubar...)

I's work well with a normal emacs session.

***
In GNU Emacs 23.3.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.8)
 of 2012-01-05 on bitzer.hoetzel.info
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11104000
configured using `configure  '--prefix=/usr' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib' '--localstatedir=/var' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk' '--with-xft' 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,--hash-style=gnu''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-auto-complete-mode: t
  auto-complete-mode: t
  yas/global-mode: t
  yas/minor-mode: t
  autopair-mode: t
  autopair-global-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  iswitchb-mode: t
  global-linum-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x e m a c s - r <tab> e <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
r e <tab> p <tab> o <tab> r <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Loading /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/themes/color-theme-example.elc...done
Loading /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/themes/color-theme-library.el (source)...done
Loading /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/themes/color-theme-library.elc...done
Loading tramp...done
Loading /home/favadi/.emacs.d/tramp.el (source)...done
Loading flymake...done
Loading /home/favadi/.emacs.d/site-lisp/flymakecursor.el (source)...done
Pymacs loading ropemacs...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Making completion list... [3 times]

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr message idna sendmail ecomplete rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047
rfc2045 qp ietf-drums mailabbrev nnheader gmm-utils mailheader canlock
sha1 hex-util hashcash mail-utils emacsbug help-mode view ropemacs
pymacs byte-opt warnings bytecomp byte-compile flymake compile
tramp-imap tramp-gw tramp-gvfs zeroconf url-util url-parse url-vars
mm-util mail-prsvr dbus xml tramp-fish tramp-smb tramp-cache tramp-ftp
tramp-cmds tramp auth-source gnus-util netrc time-date shell comint ring
password-cache format-spec tramp-compat trampver dired-x dired-aux dired
regexp-opt auto-complete-config auto-complete popup yasnippet
dropdown-list derived assoc edmacro kmacro autopair advice help-fns
advice-preload easy-mmode delsel redo+ iswitchb linum-off linum hl-line
paren color-theme-solarized solarized-definitions color-theme easymenu
wid-edit cl cl-19 tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
x-win x-dnd font-setting tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode
register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mldrag mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
loaddefs button minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties overlay
md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
system-font-setting font-render-setting gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)