Subject: bug#10674: 24.0.92; cmdproxy.exe fork-bomb

From: Simon Morgan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 18:31:43 +0000

On 07/02/2012 05:14 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> You said that copying cmdproxy.exe into a different directory made the
> problem go away -- can you try to figure out what is it in this
> particular directory that triggers the problem?  Is it the fact that
> there are other executable files there? the particular location of the
> directory in the directory tree hierarchy relative to the drive root?
> or maybe the fact that there are sibling directories from the Emacs
> distro? or does the directory have some special access rights (e.g.,
> you unzipped the archive as a privileged user)?  If you unzip the
> distribution again in another place, does the problem happen there as
> well?
>
> Btw, did you run addpm after unzipping the archive?  And which unzip
> program did you use?
>
> (I can program around "Access denied", but I'd like to try to
> understand the cause before that.)

Pretty sure it's a permissions thing. When I unzip the emacs 
distribution to my desktop and run it from there, cmdproxy doesn't 
infinitely respawn and customize-browse works as it should.

-- 
The fundamental asymmetry of consciousness means triangulation is the 
only path to understanding.