Subject: bug#10671: Automake 1.11 Test Suite Bug Report

From: Peter Rosin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2012 10:22:47 +0100

Stefano Lattarini skrev 2012-02-01 09:49:
> On 01/31/2012 09:15 PM, Matthew Wezowicz wrote:
>> The OS is CentOS 6.2 x86_64
>> Kernel Version: 2.6.32-220.4.1.el6.x86_64
>> GCC Version: 4.4.6
>> Autconf Version: 2.68
>> Libtool Version: 2.4
>>
>> The stdinc.dir and stdinc.log are attached as a .tar.
>>
> Thanks.  However, I still cannot reproduce the problem (even using
> the contents of the tarball you've sent me).  But I've noticed that
> all the files in that tarball have *all* the permission bits set:
> 
>   $ tar tvf ~/stdinc.dir.tar
>   ...
>   -rwxrwxrwx 0/0  32933 2012-01-31 19:41 stdinc.dir/config.status
>   -rwxrwxrwx 0/0      9 2012-01-31 19:41 stdinc.dir/sub/bar.h
>   ...
> 
> which is weird... Have you changed their permission before storing
> them in the tarball?  Maybe the failure you are experiencing is the
> result of some weird permission problem/misconfiguration...  What is
> your umask?  Have you installed SELinux on your system?

I thought you read the libtool lists and also assumed Matthew would
get back with the info from the other list, so I didn't speak up.
Anyway, have a look at this libttol bug:
http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=10672

Cheers,
Peter