Subject: `fullscreen' frame parameter ill-named

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 20:52:11 -0500

Package: Emacs
Severity: minor
Version: 24.0.92

The frame parameter `fullscreen' is ill-named: I think that it should be
renamed to `maximized' with accepted values nil, `vertical',
`horizontal', `both', or `fullscreen'.

        Stefan

In GNU Emacs 24.0.92.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.8)
 of 2012-01-17 on pastel
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11103901
Configured using:
 `configure
 'CFLAGS=-Wall -Wno-pointer-sign -DUSE_LISP_UNION_TYPE -DSYNC_INPUT -DENABLE_CHECKING -DXASSERTS -DFONTSET_DEBUG -g -O0'
 '--with-tiff=no''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: fr_CH.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: InactiveMinibuffer

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  url-handler-mode: t
  global-reveal-mode: t
  reveal-mode: t
  auto-insert-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  minibuffer-electric-default-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> f i c h i e r SPC C SPC M-q C-e <right> <up> 
<left> <right> <up> <left> <right> <down> <left> <right> 
<down> <left> <right> <down> <left> <right> <up> <up> 
<up> <left> <right> <down> <left> <right> <down> <left> 
<right> <down> <left> <right> <up> <up> <up> <left> 
<right> <down> <left> <right> <down> <left> <right> 
<down> <left> <right> C-x C-s C-c C-c <return> <help-echo> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <help-echo> <prior> <help-echo> 
<switch-frame> <down-mouse-4> <mouse-4> <down-mouse-4> 
<mouse-4> <double-down-mouse-4> <double-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4> 
<triple-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4> 
<triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4> <help-echo> 
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> 2 C-x C-s C-c C-c <return> 
<help-echo> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <help-echo> 
<switch-frame> <help-echo> <switch-frame> <help-echo> 
<switch-frame> <help-echo> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<help-echo> <switch-frame> <help-echo> <switch-frame> 
<help-echo> <switch-frame> <help-echo> <switch-frame> 
<help-echo> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <help-echo> 
<switch-frame> <help-echo> <switch-frame> <help-echo> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <help-echo> <switch-frame> 
<help-echo> <switch-frame> <help-echo> <next> <next> 
<help-echo> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <help-echo> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <select-window> <help-echo> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <help-echo> 
<switch-frame> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement> <mouse-1> 
<M-backspace> 2 2 4 5 C-a C-x C-s C-c C-c <return> 
<help-echo> <switch-frame> <help-echo> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <help-echo> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<help-echo> <select-window> <select-window> <help-echo> 
<select-window> <select-window> <help-echo> <select-window> 
<select-window> <help-echo> <select-window> <select-window> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <help-echo> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <help-echo> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <help-echo> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <help-echo> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
M-x r e p o - e m - b <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Ispell-kill: fr american
Ispell process killed
Starting new Ispell process [american] ...
Warning: interactive-p is obsolete!
Ispell-kill: american fr
Ispell process killed
Starting new Ispell process [fr] ...
Ispell-kill: fr american
Ispell process killed
Starting new Ispell process [american] ...

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai
cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs cal-french diary-lib
diary-loaddefs cal-move cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs sort mail-extr
message sendmail rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils mailheader
emacsbug sh-script conf-mode hideif cpp cmacexp cc-mode cc-fonts
cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
sgml-mode format-spec reftex-vcr reftex-dcr reftex reftex-vars tex-mode
latexenc bbdb-com mailabbrev bbdb timezone whitespace autorevert
doc-view jka-compr image-mode dired cl-specs xscheme trace testcover
scheme unsafep re-builder shadow inf-lisp ielm pp gmm-utils ert
find-func ewoc elp edebug cust-print repeat debug quail rect
multi-isearch dabbrev shell pcomplete vc ediff-merg ediff-diff
ediff-wind ediff-help ediff-util ediff-mult ediff-init ediff
vc-dispatcher executable copyright cus-edit cus-start cus-load wid-edit
smerge-mode newcomment diff-mode vc-bzr filecache mule-util caml tuareg
speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe skeleton compile comint ring derived
smie caml-help caml-types caml-emacs server noutline outline easy-mmode
flyspell ispell eldoc checkdoc regexp-opt thingatpt help-mode view
prog-mode load-dir electric url-handlers url-parse auth-source warnings
eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv macroexp assoc gnus-util
password-cache url-vars mm-util mail-prsvr reveal autoinsert uniquify
advice help-fns advice-preload time-date savehist minibuf-eldef
disp-table cl cl-loaddefs all-autoloads company-autoloads
debbugs-autoloads epoch-view-autoloads jgraph-mode-autoloads
js2-mode-autoloads lmc-autoloads load-dir-autoloads markchars-autoloads
minimap-autoloads muse-autoloads info easymenu oauth2-autoloads
quarter-plane-autoloads rainbow-mode-autoloads register-list-autoloads
sisu-mode-autoloads svg-clock-autoloads undo-tree-autoloads
uni-confusables-autoloads windresize-autoloads package tabulated-list
proof-site proof-autoloads pg-vars bbdb-autoloads agda2 tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face files text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)