Subject: bug#10662: 24.0.93; (elisp) `Parser State'

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 10:06:18 -0800

1. 
 
"0. The depth in parentheses, counting from 0.  *Warning:* this can be
negative if there are more close parens than open parens between the
start of the defun and point."
 
Huh?  What "defun"?  Makes no sense at this point in the text.
 
2. 
 
"4. `t' if inside a comment (of either style)"
 
What does "of either style" refer to?  If you don't want to remind users
what the styles are here, at least provide a cross reference to the
manual node that describes the available styles.  That cross ref. will
serve also for item #7.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.93.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2012-01-29 on MARVIN
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --cflags
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/include --ldflags
 -LD:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/lib'