Subject: bug#10656: emacsformacosx.com & the GPL

From: David Caldwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2012 18:00:28 -0800

On 2/1/12 10:11 AM, Paul Eggert wrote:
> On 02/01/2012 07:04 AM, Richard Stallman wrote:
>> Would you like to tell them?
> 
> David, it came to our attention when that your web site
> <http://emacsformacosx.com/> is distributing binaries
> for GNU Emacs without also distributing the source code.

> Can you please fix this as soon as you can?

My apologies. I *was* under the impressions that if I didn't change the
source then it was good enough to say "it exists on GNU's site" and be
done with it. I've corrected this--all current and future builds on
emacsformacosx.com now and will have direct links to the source code
(hosted on my servers).

For the nightly builds I am hosting a mirror of the official Emacs
Bazaar repository and there are instructions on how to grab a specific
revision identified by a nightly build from this repo using "bzr". I
hope this is sufficient. If not, please let me know.

The list of builds is here if you wish to verify my changes yourself:
http://emacsformacosx.com/builds

-David