Subject: bug#10656: Duplicate large block deallocation

From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2012 10:11:23 -0800

On 02/01/2012 07:04 AM, Richard Stallman wrote:
> Would you like to tell them?

OK, I'll send this message to David Caldwell, the person who does
those Emacs builds, so that he is aware of the problem.

David, it came to our attention when that your web site
<http://emacsformacosx.com/> is distributing binaries
for GNU Emacs without also distributing the source code.
The GNU General Public License, which GNU Emacs is distributed
under, requires that if you distribute executables, you are
obligated to also distribute the source code; it does not suffice
to ask the user to get the source from gnu.org.  The detailed
requirements for this are in section 6 of the GPL
<http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html#section6>,
and as far as I can see your web site is not following these
requirements.  Can you please fix this as soon as you can?
Thanks.

For the thread that led to this email, please see
<http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=10656>.