Subject: bug#10656: Duplicate large block deallocation

From: Dave Abrahams <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 13:50:15 -0500

on Tue Jan 31 2012, Paul Eggert <eggert-AT-cs.ucla.edu> wrote:

> On 01/31/2012 06:47 AM, Dave Abrahams wrote:
>> I've been using builds from http://emacsformacosx.com/builds; it's
>>    just easier than building my own.
>
> Can you check the source code from that location, and look for
> the string "Duplicate large block deallocation"?  

They don't publish the source, but AFAIK it's standard Emacs with "no
extras! no nonsense!" (see <http://emacsformacosx.com/>)

> That string is not in the Emacs source code itself, but it is in the
> Boehm GC.  The string has to be coming from *somewhere*; perhaps it's
> an auxiliary library that is in that location.

Quite possible.  It's in a Gnus buffer, so I'd normally be inclined to
suspect some auxilliary imap library or something, but Gnus can display
the raw message with no trouble.  Oh, you know, I bet it's w3m.  

> I agree that it's implausible that the Boehm GC would be run
> as a default sort of build; it's just that I don't see how the
> Emacs source code itself could be doing this.

Yeah.  I'd say, close this bug until evidence becomes clearer.

-- 
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing
http://www.boostpro.com