Subject: Re: bug#10652 font-lock very slow for C++

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 09:35:18 +0000

Hi, Toon.

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 09:07:23AM +0200, Toon Claes wrote:

> Hello Alan, 

> Your changes indeed help. 

> Still it happens emacs
> completely hangs when isearching. So I do not really agree the bug is
> fixed. 

Sorry about that!  Can I assume
(i) You've already tried this, starting Emacs with Emacs -Q?
(ii) Youre using the latest version of Emacs 24?

Searching and C++ Mode are, as far as I know, completely orthogonal.
Before going any further, could you please try switching the file into
fundamental mode (with M-x fundamental-mode) and tell me if the search
still hangs.  Thanks!

[ .... ]

> Regards, 

> Toon 

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).