Subject: bug#10628: closed (Re: bug#10628: 24.0.92; emacs-lisp-intro does not compile: TeX capacity exceeded ... attached logfile)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 19:19:02 +0000

Your bug report

#10628: 24.0.92; emacs-lisp-intro does not compile: TeX capacity exceeded ... attached logfile

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
10628: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=10628
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#10628: 24.0.92; emacs-lisp-intro does not compile: TeX capacity exceeded ... attached logfile
From: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
To: thomas <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 20:17:31 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Fixed.

Andreas.

-- 
Andreas Schwab, [email-masked]
GPG Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756  01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."

Subject: 24.0.92; emacs-lisp-intro does not compile: TeX capacity exceeded ... attached logfile
From: thomas <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 12:12:59 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

--=-=-=
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-Disposition: inline
Content-Description: texinfo log

Running `TeX' on `emacs-lisp-intro' with ``tex -interaction=nonstopmode 
"\input" emacs-lisp-intro.texi''
This is TeX, Version 3.1415926 (TeX Live 2011)
(./emacs-lisp-intro.texi
(/usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/tex/texinfo/texinfo.tex
Loading texinfo [version 2012-01-03.09]: pdf, fonts, markup, glyphs,
page headings, tables, conditionals, indexing, sectioning, toc, 
environments,
defuns, macros, cross references, insertions,
(/usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/tex/generic/epsf/epsf.tex
This is `epsf.tex' v2.7.4 <14 February 2011>
) localization, formatting, and turning on texinfo input format.)
(./emacs-lisp-intro.aux
! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [input stack size=5000].
@value ->@begingroup @makevalueexpandable
@valuexxx
@makevalueexpandable ->@let @value
= @expandablevalue @catcode `@-=@other @c...

@value ->@begingroup @makevalueexpandable
@valuexxx
@makevalueexpandable ->@let @value
= @expandablevalue @catcode `@-=@other @c...

@value ->@begingroup @makevalueexpandable
@valuexxx
@makevalueexpandable ->@let @value
= @expandablevalue @catcode `@-=@other @c...
...
l.510 ...he @code {@value {COUNT-WORDS}} Function}

No pages of output.
Transcript written on emacs-lisp-intro.log.

TeX exited abnormally with code 1 at Sat Jan 28 11:55:05

--=-=-=
Content-Type: text/plain

In GNU Emacs 24.0.92.9 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.2.3)
of 2012-01-28 on doggi
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11103901
configured using `configure '--with-x-toolkit=gtk3''

Important settings:
value of $LC_ALL: nil
value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
value of $LC_TIME: nil
value of $LANG: de_DE.utf8
value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Texinfo

Minor modes in effect:
desktop-save-mode: t
tooltip-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
menu-bar-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
font-lock-mode: t
blink-cursor-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t
line-number-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5>
<triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5>
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5>
<triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5>
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5>
<triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5>
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <down-mouse-5>
<mouse-5> <double-down-mouse-5> <double-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5>
<triple-mouse-5> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> C-x k <return> C-x k <return> C-x C-f <backspace>
e m a c s / l i <backspace> <backspace> p r o <return>
<return> <return> <return> l i s p i n <return> l <backspace>
e m <right> <right> <return> C-c C-c <return> C-c C-l
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <help-echo> <down-mouse-4>
<mouse-4> <double-down-mouse-4> <double-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4>
<triple-mouse-4> <down-mouse-4> <mouse-4> <down-mouse-5>
<mouse-5> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <down-mouse-4> <mouse-4>
<down-mouse-4> <mouse-4> <double-down-mouse-4> <double-mouse-4>
<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
C-k C-y <return> C-y <left> <left> <left> <left> <left>
<up> <left> <down> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left>
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left>
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left>
<left> <left> <left> <backspace> <backspace> C-x C-s
C-c C-c <return> <help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> C-s e p s f <return> C-SPC C-x SPC C-x C-x
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-s p s f <help-echo> <down-mouse-5>
<mouse-5> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <down-mouse-4> <mouse-4>
<down-mouse-4> <mouse-4> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <double-down-mouse-5>
<double-mouse-5> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <double-down-mouse-5>
<double-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5>
<down-mouse-4> <mouse-4> <down-mouse-4> <mouse-4> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
C-k C-k C-x C-s <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> <help-menu>
<send-emacs-bug-report>

Recent messages:
Mark set [2 times]
Saving file 
/data/tom/projects/emacs/birdy/doc/lispintro/emacs-lisp-intro.texi...
Wrote /data/tom/projects/emacs/birdy/doc/lispintro/emacs-lisp-intro.texi
Type `C-c C-l' to display results of compilation.
Mark saved where search started
Mark set
Mark saved where search started
Saving file 
/data/tom/projects/emacs/birdy/doc/lispintro/emacs-lisp-intro.texi...
Wrote /data/tom/projects/emacs/birdy/doc/lispintro/emacs-lisp-intro.texi
byte-code: End of buffer

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr message byte-opt format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader
multi-isearch make-mode emacsbug ruby-mode noutline outline font-latex
bytecomp byte-compile cconv macroexp context-en context latex easy-mmode
edmacro kmacro tex-style tex-buf vc-bzr tex-info texinfo tex regexp-opt
advice help-fns advice-preload auctex-autoloads tex-site info easymenu
tuareg-autoloads caml-autoloads package tabulated-list slime-autoloads
ido desktop time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs
button faces cus-face files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

--=-=-=--