Subject: 24.0.92; emacs-lisp-intro does not compile: TeX capacity exceeded ... attached logfile

From: thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 12:12:59 +0100

--=-=-=
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-Disposition: inline
Content-Description: texinfo log

Running `TeX' on `emacs-lisp-intro' with ``tex -interaction=nonstopmode 
"\input" emacs-lisp-intro.texi''
This is TeX, Version 3.1415926 (TeX Live 2011)
(./emacs-lisp-intro.texi
(/usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/tex/texinfo/texinfo.tex
Loading texinfo [version 2012-01-03.09]: pdf, fonts, markup, glyphs,
page headings, tables, conditionals, indexing, sectioning, toc, 
environments,
defuns, macros, cross references, insertions,
(/usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/tex/generic/epsf/epsf.tex
This is `epsf.tex' v2.7.4 <14 February 2011>
) localization, formatting, and turning on texinfo input format.)
(./emacs-lisp-intro.aux
! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [input stack size=5000].
@value ->@begingroup @makevalueexpandable
@valuexxx
@makevalueexpandable ->@let @value
= @expandablevalue @catcode `@-=@other @c...

@value ->@begingroup @makevalueexpandable
@valuexxx
@makevalueexpandable ->@let @value
= @expandablevalue @catcode `@-=@other @c...

@value ->@begingroup @makevalueexpandable
@valuexxx
@makevalueexpandable ->@let @value
= @expandablevalue @catcode `@-=@other @c...
...
l.510 ...he @code {@value {COUNT-WORDS}} Function}

No pages of output.
Transcript written on emacs-lisp-intro.log.

TeX exited abnormally with code 1 at Sat Jan 28 11:55:05

--=-=-=
Content-Type: text/plain

In GNU Emacs 24.0.92.9 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.2.3)
of 2012-01-28 on doggi
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11103901
configured using `configure '--with-x-toolkit=gtk3''

Important settings:
value of $LC_ALL: nil
value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
value of $LC_TIME: nil
value of $LANG: de_DE.utf8
value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Texinfo

Minor modes in effect:
desktop-save-mode: t
tooltip-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
menu-bar-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
font-lock-mode: t
blink-cursor-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t
line-number-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5>
<triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5>
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5>
<triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5>
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5>
<triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5>
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <down-mouse-5>
<mouse-5> <double-down-mouse-5> <double-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5>
<triple-mouse-5> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> C-x k <return> C-x k <return> C-x C-f <backspace>
e m a c s / l i <backspace> <backspace> p r o <return>
<return> <return> <return> l i s p i n <return> l <backspace>
e m <right> <right> <return> C-c C-c <return> C-c C-l
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <help-echo> <down-mouse-4>
<mouse-4> <double-down-mouse-4> <double-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4>
<triple-mouse-4> <down-mouse-4> <mouse-4> <down-mouse-5>
<mouse-5> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <down-mouse-4> <mouse-4>
<down-mouse-4> <mouse-4> <double-down-mouse-4> <double-mouse-4>
<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
C-k C-y <return> C-y <left> <left> <left> <left> <left>
<up> <left> <down> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left>
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left>
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left>
<left> <left> <left> <backspace> <backspace> C-x C-s
C-c C-c <return> <help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> C-s e p s f <return> C-SPC C-x SPC C-x C-x
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-s p s f <help-echo> <down-mouse-5>
<mouse-5> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <down-mouse-4> <mouse-4>
<down-mouse-4> <mouse-4> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <double-down-mouse-5>
<double-mouse-5> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <double-down-mouse-5>
<double-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5>
<down-mouse-4> <mouse-4> <down-mouse-4> <mouse-4> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
C-k C-k C-x C-s <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> <help-menu>
<send-emacs-bug-report>

Recent messages:
Mark set [2 times]
Saving file 
/data/tom/projects/emacs/birdy/doc/lispintro/emacs-lisp-intro.texi...
Wrote /data/tom/projects/emacs/birdy/doc/lispintro/emacs-lisp-intro.texi
Type `C-c C-l' to display results of compilation.
Mark saved where search started
Mark set
Mark saved where search started
Saving file 
/data/tom/projects/emacs/birdy/doc/lispintro/emacs-lisp-intro.texi...
Wrote /data/tom/projects/emacs/birdy/doc/lispintro/emacs-lisp-intro.texi
byte-code: End of buffer

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr message byte-opt format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader
multi-isearch make-mode emacsbug ruby-mode noutline outline font-latex
bytecomp byte-compile cconv macroexp context-en context latex easy-mmode
edmacro kmacro tex-style tex-buf vc-bzr tex-info texinfo tex regexp-opt
advice help-fns advice-preload auctex-autoloads tex-site info easymenu
tuareg-autoloads caml-autoloads package tabulated-list slime-autoloads
ido desktop time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs
button faces cus-face files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

--=-=-=--