Subject: Re: bug#10625: 23.3; message does not close new message fraom opened from rmail

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 17:44:15 -0500

"David J. Biesack" wrote:

> M-x customize-group
> set rmail-mail-new-frame to t and save for the session
> M-x rmail
> press r to reply to a message - it opens in a new frame as expected.
> press C-c C-c to send the message; the frame does not close.

Thanks for the report. This was supposedly already fixed for the coming
Emacs 24.1 release by the following changes:

2011-01-13  Chong Yidong  <cyd AT stupidchicken.com>
[...]
            * mail/rmail.el (rmail-mail-return): New function.
            (rmail-start-mail): Pass it to compose-mail.

However, I belive it was then broken again by these changes:

2011-06-23  Richard Stallman  <rms AT gnu.org>

    * mail/rmail.el [...]
      (rmail-start-mail): Don't specify use of rmail-mail-return;
      that's done by mail-bury now.

This neglects other mail user agents.