Subject: bug#10619: closed (Re: bug#10619: BUG compilando install.c)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 13:44:02 +0000

Your bug report

#10619: BUG compilando install.c

which was filed against the coreutils package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
10619: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=10619
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#10619: BUG compilando install.c
From: Eric Blake <[email-masked]>
To: Lobo Oscuro <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 06:42:25 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

tag 10619 notabug
thanks

On 01/26/2012 07:09 PM, Lobo Oscuro wrote:

Apologies that I am replying in English; while I can mostly read
Spanish, I am not fluent enough to compose a reply in that language.

> 
>   Se necesita el ejecutable ./install pero mirando los pasos en ningun momento compila install.c y no se obtiene el ejecutable para ser instalado en /usr/local/bin/install , se necesita los ejecutables ./install y ./install-info para continuar con la instalacion del mismo paquete:
> 
>  /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ./coreutils.info '/usr/local/share/info'
>  install-info --info-dir='/usr/local/share/info' '/usr/local/share/info/coreutils.info'

Those two command lines do _not_ imply that you need ./install nor
./install-info (that is, executables found in your current working
directory), but rather the version of 'install' and 'install-info' as
found via a $PATH search.  You probably never want to run './install' or
'./install-info', but should instead run 'install' (for a PATH search)
or '/usr/bin/install' (for an absolute path of the installed binary).

> 
>   Mirando la documentacion no dice nada relacionado con eso. Pero estoy seguro que asi como ese hay muchos archivos que no son compilados porque hay mas codigos fuentes que ejecutables compilados.
>  		 	   		  

I'm assuming that you are using a GNU/Linux system, in which case it is
safe to assume that these two programs (install is from coreutils,
install-info is from info) are pre-installed and that your PATH is
probably already set up to use them.  There's generally no need to
rebuild a local copy of either of these applications into your current
working directory.

I will go ahead and close out this bug report, but we can reopen it if
you can provide more information relevant to the situation, or even a
suggestion of where to make a documentation patch that would have helped
you out in the first place.

-- 
Eric Blake   [email-masked]    +1-919-301-3266
Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org

Subject: BUG compilando install.c
From: Lobo Oscuro <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 23:09:26 -0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

  Se necesita el ejecutable ./install pero mirando los pasos en ningun momento compila install.c y no se obtiene el ejecutable para ser instalado en /usr/local/bin/install , se necesita los ejecutables ./install y ./install-info para continuar con la instalacion del mismo paquete:

 /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ./coreutils.info '/usr/local/share/info'
 install-info --info-dir='/usr/local/share/info' '/usr/local/share/info/coreutils.info'

  Mirando la documentacion no dice nada relacionado con eso. Pero estoy seguro que asi como ese hay muchos archivos que no son compilados porque hay mas codigos fuentes que ejecutables compilados.