Subject: Re: bug#10617: 24.0.92; Bidi crash reading a message from emacs-devel

From: Nix <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 18:06:38 +0000

On 31 Jan 2012, Eli Zaretskii verbalised:

>> From: Nix <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: [email-masked]
>> Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 14:21:22 +0000
>> 
>> (gdb) xsymbol
>> $2 = (struct Lisp_Symbol *) 0xb81a20
>> There is no member named data.
>
> You are using a bad .gdbinit file, or somehow botched the definition
> of xsymbol or one of the commands it invokes.  How about doing a
> "source .gdbinit" after you verify that .gdbinit comes from the same
> tree from which you produced the Emacs binary?

Well, I'm in the build tree's src subdirectory and xsymbol is defined,
so I'm not sure where else it could be coming from! It's not like I have
multiple .gdbinits lying around that define xsymbol :) I tried sourcing
./.gdbinit explicitly: it changes nothing.

But unfortunately my attempt to reproduce this bug with the same message
have failed so far (it must be dependent on something else in Emacs
state, probably something transient), and the coredump is naturally not
compatible with an Emacs built without optimization. So this probably
needs to be closed as unreproducible :(

-- 
NULL && (void)