Subject: Re: bug#10614: [EXPERIMENTAL PATCH] Extending Isearch-repeat-forward/backward to support a prefix argument following suggesion by Juri Linkov

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 16:36:15 +1030

Gideon Stupp <[email-masked]> writes:

> This experimental patch implements a suggestion by Juri Linkov to
> extend isearch-repeat-forward/backward to support a prefix
> argument. Instead of pressing C-s / C-r multiple times it is possible
> with this patch to enter a prefix argument which runs the command
> multiple times for you. If a negative argument is given for
> isearch-repeat-forward then isearch-repeat-backward is run and visa
> versa. Visual hints are added to the matched strings to help figure
> out what argument should be given.

Hm...  I guess I can see why this would be attractive, but I'm a bit
sceptical.  Numeric prefixes make sense in many instances, but I would
myself never this "hm, I must repeat the search three times"...  I would
just hit `C-s' four times instead.  That seems faster and more
convenient...

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no