Subject: Re: bug#10613: Please consider this report again

From: Daniel Colascione <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2018 18:00:18 -0800

On 02/13/2018 01:19 AM, Reuben Thomas wrote:
> Unfortunately the two responses to my report seem to have focussed on 
> just one word, which I probably chose badly. Sorry about that.
> 
> But I think the report remains valid: suspending Emacs is not a 
> movement, not an editing command, so why should it affect the behaviour 
> of the next kill?
> 
> Consider: if I suspend the computer on which I am running Emacs, then it 
> does not affect the behaviour of Emacs in any way (or shouldn't!). When 
> I resume, Emacs will behave exactly as if nothing had happened in the 
> interim (other than time having passed).
> 
> So from Emacs's perspective, why should "suspend-emacs" behave differently?
> 

I'd argue that Emacs should detect computer suspension somehow, treat it 
as a command, and reset any closely-spaced-interaction state it's been 
keeping. I don't think the original report is a bug.