Subject: bug#10612: GnuTLS bundled with the windows Emacs binaries

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2014 22:50:41 +0200

> From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2014 21:05:12 +0100
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Note (again) that the issue is not who builds the GnuTLS DLLs, but
> > whether they should be included with official (or semi-official, like
> > the snapshots) releases.
> 
> Does the new semi-official build include the GnuTLS DLLs?  It seems to
> include a lot of the other libraries, but it doesn't mention GnuTLS...

It doesn't include any DLLs except libXpm (which is needed for the
tool-bar icons).  It was built with GnuTLS, though, so if the end user
installs GnuTLS, Emacs will find it and use it.

(We never distributed Windows DLLs with Emacs, because that would
require us to host their sources, their dependencies, and the sources
of their dependencies on ftp.gnu.org, which IIRC raises all kinds of
questions and issues with their licenses.)