Subject: bug#10608: local-enable-local-variables

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2021 07:51:10 +0100

Colin Baxter <[email-masked]> writes:

>     > It's also used in arc-mode and tar-mode now, so the usage has
>     > increased by an incredible 200%!
>
>     > I have no opinion whether it should be obsoleted, though, but...
>     > perhaps not?  Opinions?
>
> What about the fact that 'local-enable-local-variables' does not ignore
> any mode setting in a -*- line and is therefore different from
> 'enable-local-variables'? I would have thought this uniqueness in itself
> would ensure that the variable should be kept and not obsoleted.

Nobody had any further comments within a week, so there doesn't seem to
be much enthusiasm for removing this variable, and I'm closing this bug
report.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no