Subject: bug#10595: [PATCH] Conkeror like hints for incremental search

From: Gideon Stupp <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 15:00:43 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Lars,Hitting the character identifier is just a shortcut for pressing C-s multiple times so the search string does not change at all, only the location. 

Thanks, Gideon

    _____________________________
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Sent: יום חמישי, פברואר 25, 2016 8:10 לפ׳
Subject: Re: bug#10595: [PATCH] Conkeror like hints for incremental search
To: Gideon Stupp <[email-masked]>
Cc:  <[email-masked]>

Gideon Stupp <[email-masked]> writes:

> This patch adds Conkeror like hints to incremental-search's currently
> matched strings.
> This way it is possible to choose one of the highlighted possibilities
> without completing the search string (useful when using incremental
> search for navigation).
> The hints can be toggled on or off at any point during the search with
> isearch-toggle-hints (which is mapped to C-f by default). Note that to
> save keystrokes characters are used as hints instead of just numbers.
>
> Anyway, please review it and if there is any interest in it merge it.

So the idea is that if you hit `C-f' during the search, each match is
given a character as an identifier?  And if you then hit that character
then the isearch string changes to that ... word?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no