Subject: bug#10582: quiting erc causes crash

From: Ivan Kanis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 15:45:54 +0100

Hi Eli,

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Note that I removed emacs-devel from the CC list: there's no need to
> discuss bug reports on that list, it just confuses people and the bug
> tracker.

OK, who am I supposed to talk to when a bug is left alone?

> Well, how about if you start by telling what kind of "crash" was that?
> GDB normally says something like "Program received signal SIGFOO, ...".

Will do next time it crashes.

> Also, please start GDB from the Emacs's src/ directory, so that the
> backtrace includes the Lisp-level backtrace, and also some very
> helpful commands are available for displaying Lisp data types.

I do that already.
-- 
Ivan Kanis
http://kanis.fr

Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as
kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic
pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.
    -- Kristian Wilson