Subject: bug#10582: quiting erc causes crash

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 12:08:11 +0200

Note that I removed emacs-devel from the CC list: there's no need to
discuss bug reports on that list, it just confuses people and the bug
tracker.

> From: Ivan Kanis <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 10:03:34 +0100
> 
> The reasonable thing to do would be to ignore it. However I am not
> reasonable ;) When the crash happens I land in gdb, can I do something
> else than looking at the backtrace to help nailing this bug?

Well, how about if you start by telling what kind of "crash" was that?
GDB normally says something like "Program received signal SIGFOO, ...".
What was the signal in your case, please?  In general, please post
everything GDB displays at the point of crash, before it displays its
"(gdb)" prompt (at which you types "bt full").

Also, please start GDB from the Emacs's src/ directory, so that the
backtrace includes the Lisp-level backtrace, and also some very
helpful commands are available for displaying Lisp data types.