Subject: Re: bug#10578: 24.0.92; No png images on OpenSUSE 12.1

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 08:45:44 -0500

> From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 13:27:30 +0100
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 06:43, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> > Why not the first one?  More often than not, the others, if different,
> > will be the consequences of the first one, which is the root cause.
> > And if they are all identical, it doesn't matter which one you show ;-)
> 
> Just because delayed-warnings-list is ordered last-to-first and it's
> easier to find the last one that the first one.
> 
> But this assumes that all such display warnings are produced by calls
> to warn_about_display_error, and so they are all
> 
>   Error (display): Please check *Messages*

I didn't understand that all the messages are identical, no matter
what triggered them.  If that's how we are going to implement them, it
indeed makes no difference which one you display.

To tell the truth, I don't like such vague warning, since the
reference to *Messages* is not specific enough to be useful, IMO.  It
is better to show some more specific text in the delayed warning
itself.