Subject: 23.0.60; warnings from nsterm.m

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 13:38:23 +0200

Hello!

When building Emacs.app I see in *compilation* buffer:

	nsterm.m: In function ‘ns_term_init’:
	nsterm.m:4006: warning: no ‘-setAppleMenu:’ method found
	nsterm.m:4006: warning: (Messages without a matching method signature
	nsterm.m:4006: warning: will be assumed to return ‘id’ and accept
	nsterm.m:4006: warning: ‘...’ as arguments.)

In GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (powerpc-apple-darwin8.11.0, *Step 9.0)
  of 2008-09-30 on localhost
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 49.46.48
configured using `configure  '--without-sound' '--without-pop' '-- 
with-dbus' '--with-libotf' '--with-ns' '--disable-ns-self-contained'  
'--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application Support/Emacs/ 
calendar23:/Library/Application Support/Emacs/caml:/Library/ 
Application Support/Emacs:/sw/share/emacs21/site-lisp/elib'  
'PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/sw/lib/xft2/lib/pkgconfig:/sw/lib/fontconfig2/lib/ 
pkgconfig:/sw/lib/freetype219/lib/pkgconfig:/sw/lib/pango-ft219/lib/ 
pkgconfig:/sw/lib/qt4-x11/lib/pkgconfig:/sw/lib/system-openssl/lib/ 
pkgconfig:/sw/lib/pkgconfig:/sw/share/pkgconfig:/usr/X11R6/lib/ 
pkgconfig:/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig' 'CFLAGS=-Wno- 
pointer-sign -bind_at_load -H -pipe -fPIC -mcpu=7450 -mtune=7450 - 
fast -mpim-altivec -ftree-vectorize -foptimize-register-move - 
freorder-blocks -freorder-blocks-and-partition -fthread-jumps - 
fpeephole -fno-crossjumping' 'CPPFLAGS=-no-cpp-precomp' 'LDFLAGS=- 
bind_at_load -dead_strip -multiply_defined suppress -L/sw/lib/ncurses''

Important settings:
   value of $LC_ALL: nil
   value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
   value of $LC_CTYPE: de_DE.UTF-8
   value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
   value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
   value of $LC_TIME: nil
   value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
   default-enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   global-auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is the day they  
start selling vacuum cleaners.
				– Ernest Jan Plugge