Subject: bug#10569: libtool-2.4.2 4 of 102 tests failed

From: Dennis Clarke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 16:20:57 -0500 (EST)

.
.
.
PASS: tests/tagdemo-static.test
FAIL: tests/tagdemo-static-make.test
SKIP: tests/tagdemo-static-exec.test
PASS: tests/tagdemo-conf.test
FAIL: tests/tagdemo-make.test
SKIP: tests/tagdemo-exec.test
PASS: tests/tagdemo-shared.test
FAIL: tests/tagdemo-shared-make.test
SKIP: tests/tagdemo-shared-exec.test
PASS: tests/tagdemo-undef.test
FAIL: tests/tagdemo-undef-make.test
SKIP: tests/tagdemo-undef-exec.test
PASS: tests/demo-shared.test
.
.
.

====================================
4 of 102 tests failed
(4 tests were not run)
See ./test-suite.log
Please report to [email-masked]
====================================

dclarke@charon:~/build/libtool-2.4.2-001$ cat test-suite.log
=========================================
   GNU Libtool 2.4.2: ./test-suite.log
=========================================

4 of 102 tests failed.  (4 tests were not run).

.. contents:: :depth: 2

FAIL: tests/tagdemo-static-make.test (exit: 2)
==============================================

tagdemo-static-make.test: ===  Running tagdemo-static-make.test
tagdemo-static-make.test: ===  Running tagdemo-static-make.test
tagdemo-static-make.test: ===  Running `gmake ' in tagdemo
/bin/bash ./libtool --tag=CXX   --mode=compile g++ -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"tagdemo\"
-DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"tagdemo\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"1.0\"
-DPACKAGE_STRING=\"tagdemo\ 1.0\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"[email-masked]\"
-DPACKAGE_URL=\"\" -DPACKAGE=\"tagdemo\" -DVERSION=\"1.0\" -DHAVE_NAMESPACES=1
-DHAVE_IOSTREAM=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1
-DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1
-DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DLT_OBJDIR=\".libs/\"
-I.  -I./../.. -I/usr/local/include  -R/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib -g
-mcpu=970 -mtune=970 -maltivec -mabi=altivec -mvrsave -m64 -mpowerpc64
-mfull-toc -malign-power -mupdate -mcall-linux -msvr4-struct-return -pthread
-c -o foo.lo foo.cpp
libtool: compile:  g++ -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"tagdemo\"
-DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"tagdemo\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"1.0\"
"-DPACKAGE_STRING=\"tagdemo 1.0\"" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"[email-masked]\"
-DPACKAGE_URL=\"\" -DPACKAGE=\"tagdemo\" -DVERSION=\"1.0\" -DHAVE_NAMESPACES=1
-DHAVE_IOSTREAM=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1
-DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1
-DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DLT_OBJDIR=\".libs/\"
-I. -I./../.. -I/usr/local/include -R/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib -g
-mcpu=970 -mtune=970 -maltivec -mabi=altivec -mvrsave -m64 -mpowerpc64
-mfull-toc -malign-power -mupdate -mcall-linux -msvr4-struct-return -pthread
-c foo.cpp -o foo.o
/bin/bash ./libtool --tag=CXX   --mode=compile g++ -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"tagdemo\"
-DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"tagdemo\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"1.0\"
-DPACKAGE_STRING=\"tagdemo\ 1.0\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"[email-masked]\"
-DPACKAGE_URL=\"\" -DPACKAGE=\"tagdemo\" -DVERSION=\"1.0\" -DHAVE_NAMESPACES=1
-DHAVE_IOSTREAM=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1
-DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1
-DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DLT_OBJDIR=\".libs/\"
-I.  -I./../.. -I/usr/local/include  -R/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib -g
-mcpu=970 -mtune=970 -maltivec -mabi=altivec -mvrsave -m64 -mpowerpc64
-mfull-toc -malign-power -mupdate -mcall-linux -msvr4-struct-return -pthread
-c -o conv.lo conv.cpp
libtool: compile:  g++ -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"tagdemo\"
-DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"tagdemo\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"1.0\"
"-DPACKAGE_STRING=\"tagdemo 1.0\"" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"[email-masked]\"
-DPACKAGE_URL=\"\" -DPACKAGE=\"tagdemo\" -DVERSION=\"1.0\" -DHAVE_NAMESPACES=1
-DHAVE_IOSTREAM=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1
-DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1
-DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DLT_OBJDIR=\".libs/\"
-I. -I./../.. -I/usr/local/include -R/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib -g
-mcpu=970 -mtune=970 -maltivec -mabi=altivec -mvrsave -m64 -mpowerpc64
-mfull-toc -malign-power -mupdate -mcall-linux -msvr4-struct-return -pthread
-c conv.cpp -o conv.o
/bin/bash ./libtool --tag=CXX   --mode=link g++  -R/usr/local/lib
-L/usr/local/lib -g -mcpu=970 -mtune=970 -maltivec -mabi=altivec -mvrsave -m64
-mpowerpc64 -mfull-toc -malign-power -mupdate -mcall-linux
-msvr4-struct-return -pthread -no-undefined  -o libconv.la  conv.lo  -ldl
libtool: link: ar cru .libs/libconv.a  conv.o
libtool: link: ranlib .libs/libconv.a
libtool: link: ( cd ".libs" && rm -f "libconv.la" && ln -s "../libconv.la"
"libconv.la" )
/bin/bash ./libtool --tag=CXX   --mode=link g++  -R/usr/local/lib
-L/usr/local/lib -g -mcpu=970 -mtune=970 -maltivec -mabi=altivec -mvrsave -m64
-mpowerpc64 -mfull-toc -malign-power -mupdate -mcall-linux
-msvr4-struct-return -pthread -no-undefined  -o libfoo.la -rpath
/home/dclarke/build/libtool-2.4.2-001/_inst-tagdemo/lib foo.lo libconv.la 
-ldl
libtool: link: (cd .libs/libfoo.lax/libconv.a && ar x
"/home/dclarke/build/libtool-2.4.2-001/tests/tagdemo/./.libs/libconv.a")
libtool: link: ar cru .libs/libfoo.a  foo.o  .libs/libfoo.lax/libconv.a/conv.o
libtool: link: ranlib .libs/libfoo.a
libtool: link: rm -fr .libs/libfoo.lax
libtool: link: ( cd ".libs" && rm -f "libfoo.la" && ln -s "../libfoo.la"
"libfoo.la" )
/bin/bash ./libtool --tag=CXX   --mode=compile g++ -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"tagdemo\"
-DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"tagdemo\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"1.0\"
-DPACKAGE_STRING=\"tagdemo\ 1.0\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"[email-masked]\"
-DPACKAGE_URL=\"\" -DPACKAGE=\"tagdemo\" -DVERSION=\"1.0\" -DHAVE_NAMESPACES=1
-DHAVE_IOSTREAM=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1
-DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1
-DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DLT_OBJDIR=\".libs/\"
-I.  -I./../.. -I/usr/local/include  -R/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib -g
-mcpu=970 -mtune=970 -maltivec -mabi=altivec -mvrsave -m64 -mpowerpc64
-mfull-toc -malign-power -mupdate -mcall-linux -msvr4-struct-return -pthread
-c -o baz.lo baz.cpp
libtool: compile:  g++ -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"tagdemo\"
-DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"tagdemo\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"1.0\"
"-DPACKAGE_STRING=\"tagdemo 1.0\"" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"[email-masked]\"
-DPACKAGE_URL=\"\" -DPACKAGE=\"tagdemo\" -DVERSION=\"1.0\" -DHAVE_NAMESPACES=1
-DHAVE_IOSTREAM=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1
-DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1
-DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DLT_OBJDIR=\".libs/\"
-I. -I./../.. -I/usr/local/include -R/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib -g
-mcpu=970 -mtune=970 -maltivec -mabi=altivec -mvrsave -m64 -mpowerpc64
-mfull-toc -malign-power -mupdate -mcall-linux -msvr4-struct-return -pthread
-c baz.cpp -o baz.o
/bin/bash ./libtool --tag=CXX   --mode=link g++  -R/usr/local/lib
-L/usr/local/lib -g -mcpu=970 -mtune=970 -maltivec -mabi=altivec -mvrsave -m64
-mpowerpc64 -mfull-toc -malign-power -mupdate -mcall-linux
-msvr4-struct-return -pthread -no-undefined  -o libbaz.la -rpath
/home/dclarke/build/libtool-2.4.2-001/_inst-tagdemo/lib baz.lo libfoo.la -ldl
libtool: link: ar cru .libs/libbaz.a  baz.o
libtool: link: ranlib .libs/libbaz.a
libtool: link: ( cd ".libs" && rm -f "libbaz.la" && ln -s "../libbaz.la"
"libbaz.la" )
g++ -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"tagdemo\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"tagdemo\"
-DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"1.0\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"tagdemo\ 1.0\"
-DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"[email-masked]\" -DPACKAGE_URL=\"\"
-DPACKAGE=\"tagdemo\" -DVERSION=\"1.0\" -DHAVE_NAMESPACES=1 -DHAVE_IOSTREAM=1
-DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1
-DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1
-DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DLT_OBJDIR=\".libs/\" -I.  -I./../..
-I/usr/local/include  -R/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib -g -mcpu=970
-mtune=970 -maltivec -mabi=altivec -mvrsave -m64 -mpowerpc64 -mfull-toc
-malign-power -mupdate -mcall-linux -msvr4-struct-return -pthread -c -o main.o
main.cpp
/bin/bash ./libtool --tag=CXX   --mode=link g++  -R/usr/local/lib
-L/usr/local/lib -g -mcpu=970 -mtune=970 -maltivec -mabi=altivec -mvrsave -m64
-mpowerpc64 -mfull-toc -malign-power -mupdate -mcall-linux
-msvr4-struct-return -pthread   -o tagdemo main.o libbaz.la libfoo.la -ldl
libtool: link: g++ -g -mcpu=970 -mtune=970 -maltivec -mabi=altivec -mvrsave
-m64 -mpowerpc64 -mfull-toc -malign-power -mupdate -mcall-linux
-msvr4-struct-return -pthread -o tagdemo main.o  -L/usr/local/lib
./.libs/libbaz.a
/home/dclarke/build/libtool-2.4.2-001/tests/tagdemo/.libs/libfoo.a
./.libs/libfoo.a -ldl -pthread -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible
/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-linux-gnu/4.4.5/libstdc++.so when searching for -lstdc++
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible
/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-linux-gnu/4.4.5/libstdc++.a when searching for -lstdc++
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible
/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-linux-gnu/4.4.5/libstdc++.so when searching for -lstdc++
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible
/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-linux-gnu/4.4.5/libstdc++.a when searching for -lstdc++
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lstdc++
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake: *** [tagdemo] Error 1

SKIP: tests/tagdemo-static-exec.test (exit: 77)
===============================================

tagdemo-static-exec.test: ===  Running tagdemo-static-exec.test
tagdemo-static-exec.test: ===  Running tagdemo-static-exec.test
tagdemo-static-exec.test: You must run tagdemo-make.test before running
./tests/tagdemo-static-exec.test

FAIL: tests/tagdemo-make.test (exit: 2)
=======================================

tagdemo-make.test: ===  Running tagdemo-make.test
tagdemo-make.test: ===  Running `gmake ' in tagdemo
/bin/bash ./libtool --tag=CXX   --mode=compile g++ -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"tagdemo\"
-DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"tagdemo\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"1.0\"
-DPACKAGE_STRING=\"tagdemo\ 1.0\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"[email-masked]\"
-DPACKAGE_URL=\"\" -DPACKAGE=\"tagdemo\" -DVERSION=\"1.0\" -DHAVE_NAMESPACES=1
-DHAVE_IOSTREAM=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1
-DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1
-DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DLT_OBJDIR=\".libs/\"
-I.  -I./../.. -I/usr/local/include  -R/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib -g
-mcpu=970 -mtune=970 -maltivec -mabi=altivec -mvrsave -m64 -mpowerpc64
-mfull-toc -malign-power -mupdate -mcall-linux -msvr4-struct-return -pthread
-c -o foo.lo foo.cpp
libtool: compile:  g++ -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"tagdemo\"
-DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"tagdemo\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"1.0\"
"-DPACKAGE_STRING=\"tagdemo 1.0\"" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"[email-masked]\"
-DPACKAGE_URL=\"\" -DPACKAGE=\"tagdemo\" -DVERSION=\"1.0\" -DHAVE_NAMESPACES=1
-DHAVE_IOSTREAM=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1
-DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1
-DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DLT_OBJDIR=\".libs/\"
-I. -I./../.. -I/usr/local/include -R/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib -g
-mcpu=970 -mtune=970 -maltivec -mabi=altivec -mvrsave -m64 -mpowerpc64
-mfull-toc -malign-power -mupdate -mcall-linux -msvr4-struct-return -pthread
-c foo.cpp  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/foo.o
libtool: compile:  g++ -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"tagdemo\"
-DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"tagdemo\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"1.0\"
"-DPACKAGE_STRING=\"tagdemo 1.0\"" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"[email-masked]\"
-DPACKAGE_URL=\"\" -DPACKAGE=\"tagdemo\" -DVERSION=\"1.0\" -DHAVE_NAMESPACES=1
-DHAVE_IOSTREAM=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1
-DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1
-DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DLT_OBJDIR=\".libs/\"
-I. -I./../.. -I/usr/local/include -R/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib -g
-mcpu=970 -mtune=970 -maltivec -mabi=altivec -mvrsave -m64 -mpowerpc64
-mfull-toc -malign-power -mupdate -mcall-linux -msvr4-struct-return -pthread
-c foo.cpp -o foo.o >/dev/null 2>&1
/bin/bash ./libtool --tag=CXX   --mode=compile g++ -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"tagdemo\"
-DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"tagdemo\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"1.0\"
-DPACKAGE_STRING=\"tagdemo\ 1.0\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"[email-masked]\"
-DPACKAGE_URL=\"\" -DPACKAGE=\"tagdemo\" -DVERSION=\"1.0\" -DHAVE_NAMESPACES=1
-DHAVE_IOSTREAM=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1
-DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1
-DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DLT_OBJDIR=\".libs/\"
-I.  -I./../.. -I/usr/local/include  -R/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib -g
-mcpu=970 -mtune=970 -maltivec -mabi=altivec -mvrsave -m64 -mpowerpc64
-mfull-toc -malign-power -mupdate -mcall-linux -msvr4-struct-return -pthread
-c -o conv.lo conv.cpp
libtool: compile:  g++ -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"tagdemo\"
-DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"tagdemo\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"1.0\"
"-DPACKAGE_STRING=\"tagdemo 1.0\"" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"[email-masked]\"
-DPACKAGE_URL=\"\" -DPACKAGE=\"tagdemo\" -DVERSION=\"1.0\" -DHAVE_NAMESPACES=1
-DHAVE_IOSTREAM=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1
-DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1
-DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DLT_OBJDIR=\".libs/\"
-I. -I./../.. -I/usr/local/include -R/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib -g
-mcpu=970 -mtune=970 -maltivec -mabi=altivec -mvrsave -m64 -mpowerpc64
-mfull-toc -malign-power -mupdate -mcall-linux -msvr4-struct-return -pthread
-c conv.cpp  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/conv.o
libtool: compile:  g++ -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"tagdemo\"
-DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"tagdemo\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"1.0\"
"-DPACKAGE_STRING=\"tagdemo 1.0\"" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"[email-masked]\"
-DPACKAGE_URL=\"\" -DPACKAGE=\"tagdemo\" -DVERSION=\"1.0\" -DHAVE_NAMESPACES=1
-DHAVE_IOSTREAM=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1
-DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1
-DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DLT_OBJDIR=\".libs/\"
-I. -I./../.. -I/usr/local/include -R/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib -g
-mcpu=970 -mtune=970 -maltivec -mabi=altivec -mvrsave -m64 -mpowerpc64
-mfull-toc -malign-power -mupdate -mcall-linux -msvr4-struct-return -pthread
-c conv.cpp -o conv.o >/dev/null 2>&1
/bin/bash ./libtool --tag=CXX   --mode=link g++  -R/usr/local/lib
-L/usr/local/lib -g -mcpu=970 -mtune=970 -maltivec -mabi=altivec -mvrsave -m64
-mpowerpc64 -mfull-toc -malign-power -mupdate -mcall-linux
-msvr4-struct-return -pthread -no-undefined  -o libconv.la  conv.lo  -ldl
libtool: link: ar cru .libs/libconv.a .libs/conv.o
libtool: link: ranlib .libs/libconv.a
libtool: link: ( cd ".libs" && rm -f "libconv.la" && ln -s "../libconv.la"
"libconv.la" )
/bin/bash ./libtool --tag=CXX   --mode=link g++  -R/usr/local/lib
-L/usr/local/lib -g -mcpu=970 -mtune=970 -maltivec -mabi=altivec -mvrsave -m64
-mpowerpc64 -mfull-toc -malign-power -mupdate -mcall-linux
-msvr4-struct-return -pthread -no-undefined  -o libfoo.la -rpath
/home/dclarke/build/libtool-2.4.2-001/_inst-tagdemo/lib foo.lo libconv.la 
-ldl
libtool: link: g++  -fPIC -DPIC -shared -nostdlib
/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-linux-gnu/4.4.5/../../../../lib64/crti.o
/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-linux-gnu/4.4.5/64/crtbeginS.o  .libs/foo.o 
-Wl,--whole-archive ./.libs/libconv.a -Wl,--no-whole-archive  -Wl,-rpath
-Wl,/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib -ldl
-L/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-linux-gnu/4.4.5/64
-L/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-linux-gnu/4.4.5/../../../../lib64 -L/lib/../lib64
-L/usr/lib/../lib64 -L/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-linux-gnu/4.4.5
-L/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-linux-gnu/4.4.5/../../.. -lstdc++ -lm -lpthread -lc
-lgcc_s /usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-linux-gnu/4.4.5/64/crtendS.o
/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-linux-gnu/4.4.5/../../../../lib64/crtn.o  -mcpu=970
-mtune=970 -maltivec -mabi=altivec -mvrsave -m64 -mpowerpc64 -mfull-toc
-malign-power -mupdate -mcall-linux -msvr4-struct-return -pthread   -pthread
-Wl,-soname -Wl,libfoo.so.0 -o .libs/libfoo.so.0.0.0
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible
/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-linux-gnu/4.4.5/libstdc++.so when searching for -lstdc++
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible
/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-linux-gnu/4.4.5/libstdc++.a when searching for -lstdc++
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible
/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-linux-gnu/4.4.5/libstdc++.so when searching for -lstdc++
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible
/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-linux-gnu/4.4.5/libstdc++.a when searching for -lstdc++
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible
/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-linux-gnu/4.4.5/libstdc++.so when searching for -lstdc++
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible
/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-linux-gnu/4.4.5/libstdc++.a when searching for -lstdc++
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lstdc++
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake: *** [libfoo.la] Error 1

SKIP: tests/tagdemo-exec.test (exit: 77)
========================================

tagdemo-exec.test: ===  Running tagdemo-exec.test
tagdemo-exec.test: You must run tagdemo-make.test before running
./tests/tagdemo-exec.test

FAIL: tests/tagdemo-shared-make.test (exit: 2)
==============================================

tagdemo-shared-make.test: ===  Running tagdemo-shared-make.test
tagdemo-shared-make.test: ===  Running tagdemo-shared-make.test
tagdemo-shared-make.test: ===  Running `gmake ' in tagdemo
/bin/bash ./libtool --tag=CXX   --mode=compile g++ -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"tagdemo\"
-DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"tagdemo\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"1.0\"
-DPACKAGE_STRING=\"tagdemo\ 1.0\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"[email-masked]\"
-DPACKAGE_URL=\"\" -DPACKAGE=\"tagdemo\" -DVERSION=\"1.0\" -DHAVE_NAMESPACES=1
-DHAVE_IOSTREAM=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1
-DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1
-DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DLT_OBJDIR=\".libs/\"
-I.  -I./../.. -I/usr/local/include  -R/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib -g
-mcpu=970 -mtune=970 -maltivec -mabi=altivec -mvrsave -m64 -mpowerpc64
-mfull-toc -malign-power -mupdate -mcall-linux -msvr4-struct-return -pthread
-c -o foo.lo foo.cpp
libtool: compile:  g++ -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"tagdemo\"
-DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"tagdemo\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"1.0\"
"-DPACKAGE_STRING=\"tagdemo 1.0\"" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"[email-masked]\"
-DPACKAGE_URL=\"\" -DPACKAGE=\"tagdemo\" -DVERSION=\"1.0\" -DHAVE_NAMESPACES=1
-DHAVE_IOSTREAM=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1
-DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1
-DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DLT_OBJDIR=\".libs/\"
-I. -I./../.. -I/usr/local/include -R/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib -g
-mcpu=970 -mtune=970 -maltivec -mabi=altivec -mvrsave -m64 -mpowerpc64
-mfull-toc -malign-power -mupdate -mcall-linux -msvr4-struct-return -pthread
-c foo.cpp  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/foo.o
/bin/bash ./libtool --tag=CXX   --mode=compile g++ -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"tagdemo\"
-DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"tagdemo\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"1.0\"
-DPACKAGE_STRING=\"tagdemo\ 1.0\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"[email-masked]\"
-DPACKAGE_URL=\"\" -DPACKAGE=\"tagdemo\" -DVERSION=\"1.0\" -DHAVE_NAMESPACES=1
-DHAVE_IOSTREAM=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1
-DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1
-DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DLT_OBJDIR=\".libs/\"
-I.  -I./../.. -I/usr/local/include  -R/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib -g
-mcpu=970 -mtune=970 -maltivec -mabi=altivec -mvrsave -m64 -mpowerpc64
-mfull-toc -malign-power -mupdate -mcall-linux -msvr4-struct-return -pthread
-c -o conv.lo conv.cpp
libtool: compile:  g++ -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"tagdemo\"
-DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"tagdemo\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"1.0\"
"-DPACKAGE_STRING=\"tagdemo 1.0\"" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"[email-masked]\"
-DPACKAGE_URL=\"\" -DPACKAGE=\"tagdemo\" -DVERSION=\"1.0\" -DHAVE_NAMESPACES=1
-DHAVE_IOSTREAM=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1
-DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1
-DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DLT_OBJDIR=\".libs/\"
-I. -I./../.. -I/usr/local/include -R/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib -g
-mcpu=970 -mtune=970 -maltivec -mabi=altivec -mvrsave -m64 -mpowerpc64
-mfull-toc -malign-power -mupdate -mcall-linux -msvr4-struct-return -pthread
-c conv.cpp  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/conv.o
/bin/bash ./libtool --tag=CXX   --mode=link g++  -R/usr/local/lib
-L/usr/local/lib -g -mcpu=970 -mtune=970 -maltivec -mabi=altivec -mvrsave -m64
-mpowerpc64 -mfull-toc -malign-power -mupdate -mcall-linux
-msvr4-struct-return -pthread -no-undefined  -o libconv.la  conv.lo  -ldl
libtool: link: ar cru .libs/libconv.a .libs/conv.o
libtool: link: ranlib .libs/libconv.a
libtool: link: ( cd ".libs" && rm -f "libconv.la" && ln -s "../libconv.la"
"libconv.la" )
/bin/bash ./libtool --tag=CXX   --mode=link g++  -R/usr/local/lib
-L/usr/local/lib -g -mcpu=970 -mtune=970 -maltivec -mabi=altivec -mvrsave -m64
-mpowerpc64 -mfull-toc -malign-power -mupdate -mcall-linux
-msvr4-struct-return -pthread -no-undefined  -o libfoo.la -rpath
/home/dclarke/build/libtool-2.4.2-001/_inst-tagdemo/lib foo.lo libconv.la 
-ldl
libtool: link: g++  -fPIC -DPIC -shared -nostdlib
/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-linux-gnu/4.4.5/../../../../lib64/crti.o
/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-linux-gnu/4.4.5/64/crtbeginS.o  .libs/foo.o 
-Wl,--whole-archive ./.libs/libconv.a -Wl,--no-whole-archive  -Wl,-rpath
-Wl,/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib -ldl
-L/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-linux-gnu/4.4.5/64
-L/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-linux-gnu/4.4.5/../../../../lib64 -L/lib/../lib64
-L/usr/lib/../lib64 -L/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-linux-gnu/4.4.5
-L/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-linux-gnu/4.4.5/../../.. -lstdc++ -lm -lpthread -lc
-lgcc_s /usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-linux-gnu/4.4.5/64/crtendS.o
/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-linux-gnu/4.4.5/../../../../lib64/crtn.o  -mcpu=970
-mtune=970 -maltivec -mabi=altivec -mvrsave -m64 -mpowerpc64 -mfull-toc
-malign-power -mupdate -mcall-linux -msvr4-struct-return -pthread   -pthread
-Wl,-soname -Wl,libfoo.so.0 -o .libs/libfoo.so.0.0.0
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible
/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-linux-gnu/4.4.5/libstdc++.so when searching for -lstdc++
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible
/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-linux-gnu/4.4.5/libstdc++.a when searching for -lstdc++
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible
/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-linux-gnu/4.4.5/libstdc++.so when searching for -lstdc++
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible
/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-linux-gnu/4.4.5/libstdc++.a when searching for -lstdc++
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible
/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-linux-gnu/4.4.5/libstdc++.so when searching for -lstdc++
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible
/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-linux-gnu/4.4.5/libstdc++.a when searching for -lstdc++
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lstdc++
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake: *** [libfoo.la] Error 1

SKIP: tests/tagdemo-shared-exec.test (exit: 77)
===============================================

tagdemo-shared-exec.test: ===  Running tagdemo-shared-exec.test
tagdemo-shared-exec.test: ===  Running tagdemo-shared-exec.test
tagdemo-shared-exec.test: You must run tagdemo-make.test before running
./tests/tagdemo-shared-exec.test

FAIL: tests/tagdemo-undef-make.test (exit: 2)
=============================================

tagdemo-undef-make.test: ===  Running tagdemo-undef-make.test
tagdemo-undef-make.test: ===  Running tagdemo-undef-make.test
tagdemo-undef-make.test: ===  Running `gmake ' in tagdemo
/bin/bash ./libtool --tag=CXX   --mode=compile g++ -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"tagdemo\"
-DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"tagdemo\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"1.0\"
-DPACKAGE_STRING=\"tagdemo\ 1.0\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"[email-masked]\"
-DPACKAGE_URL=\"\" -DPACKAGE=\"tagdemo\" -DVERSION=\"1.0\" -DHAVE_NAMESPACES=1
-DHAVE_IOSTREAM=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1
-DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1
-DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DLT_OBJDIR=\".libs/\"
-I.  -I./../.. -I/usr/local/include  -R/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib -g
-mcpu=970 -mtune=970 -maltivec -mabi=altivec -mvrsave -m64 -mpowerpc64
-mfull-toc -malign-power -mupdate -mcall-linux -msvr4-struct-return -pthread
-c -o foo.lo foo.cpp
libtool: compile:  g++ -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"tagdemo\"
-DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"tagdemo\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"1.0\"
"-DPACKAGE_STRING=\"tagdemo 1.0\"" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"[email-masked]\"
-DPACKAGE_URL=\"\" -DPACKAGE=\"tagdemo\" -DVERSION=\"1.0\" -DHAVE_NAMESPACES=1
-DHAVE_IOSTREAM=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1
-DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1
-DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DLT_OBJDIR=\".libs/\"
-I. -I./../.. -I/usr/local/include -R/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib -g
-mcpu=970 -mtune=970 -maltivec -mabi=altivec -mvrsave -m64 -mpowerpc64
-mfull-toc -malign-power -mupdate -mcall-linux -msvr4-struct-return -pthread
-c foo.cpp  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/foo.o
/bin/bash ./libtool --tag=CXX   --mode=compile g++ -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"tagdemo\"
-DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"tagdemo\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"1.0\"
-DPACKAGE_STRING=\"tagdemo\ 1.0\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"[email-masked]\"
-DPACKAGE_URL=\"\" -DPACKAGE=\"tagdemo\" -DVERSION=\"1.0\" -DHAVE_NAMESPACES=1
-DHAVE_IOSTREAM=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1
-DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1
-DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DLT_OBJDIR=\".libs/\"
-I.  -I./../.. -I/usr/local/include  -R/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib -g
-mcpu=970 -mtune=970 -maltivec -mabi=altivec -mvrsave -m64 -mpowerpc64
-mfull-toc -malign-power -mupdate -mcall-linux -msvr4-struct-return -pthread
-c -o conv.lo conv.cpp
libtool: compile:  g++ -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"tagdemo\"
-DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"tagdemo\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"1.0\"
"-DPACKAGE_STRING=\"tagdemo 1.0\"" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"[email-masked]\"
-DPACKAGE_URL=\"\" -DPACKAGE=\"tagdemo\" -DVERSION=\"1.0\" -DHAVE_NAMESPACES=1
-DHAVE_IOSTREAM=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1
-DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1
-DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DLT_OBJDIR=\".libs/\"
-I. -I./../.. -I/usr/local/include -R/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib -g
-mcpu=970 -mtune=970 -maltivec -mabi=altivec -mvrsave -m64 -mpowerpc64
-mfull-toc -malign-power -mupdate -mcall-linux -msvr4-struct-return -pthread
-c conv.cpp  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/conv.o
/bin/bash ./libtool --tag=CXX   --mode=link g++  -R/usr/local/lib
-L/usr/local/lib -g -mcpu=970 -mtune=970 -maltivec -mabi=altivec -mvrsave -m64
-mpowerpc64 -mfull-toc -malign-power -mupdate -mcall-linux
-msvr4-struct-return -pthread -no-undefined  -o libconv.la  conv.lo  -ldl
libtool: link: ar cru .libs/libconv.a .libs/conv.o
libtool: link: ranlib .libs/libconv.a
libtool: link: ( cd ".libs" && rm -f "libconv.la" && ln -s "../libconv.la"
"libconv.la" )
/bin/bash ./libtool --tag=CXX   --mode=link g++  -R/usr/local/lib
-L/usr/local/lib -g -mcpu=970 -mtune=970 -maltivec -mabi=altivec -mvrsave -m64
-mpowerpc64 -mfull-toc -malign-power -mupdate -mcall-linux
-msvr4-struct-return -pthread -no-undefined  -o libfoo.la -rpath
/home/dclarke/build/libtool-2.4.2-001/_inst-tagdemo/lib foo.lo libconv.la 
-ldl
libtool: link: g++  -fPIC -DPIC -shared -nostdlib
/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-linux-gnu/4.4.5/../../../../lib64/crti.o
/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-linux-gnu/4.4.5/64/crtbeginS.o  .libs/foo.o 
-Wl,--whole-archive ./.libs/libconv.a -Wl,--no-whole-archive  -Wl,-rpath
-Wl,/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib -ldl
-L/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-linux-gnu/4.4.5/64
-L/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-linux-gnu/4.4.5/../../../../lib64 -L/lib/../lib64
-L/usr/lib/../lib64 -L/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-linux-gnu/4.4.5
-L/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-linux-gnu/4.4.5/../../.. -lstdc++ -lm -lpthread -lc
-lgcc_s /usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-linux-gnu/4.4.5/64/crtendS.o
/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-linux-gnu/4.4.5/../../../../lib64/crtn.o  -mcpu=970
-mtune=970 -maltivec -mabi=altivec -mvrsave -m64 -mpowerpc64 -mfull-toc
-malign-power -mupdate -mcall-linux -msvr4-struct-return -pthread   -pthread
-Wl,-soname -Wl,libfoo.so.0 -o .libs/libfoo.so.0.0.0
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible
/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-linux-gnu/4.4.5/libstdc++.so when searching for -lstdc++
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible
/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-linux-gnu/4.4.5/libstdc++.a when searching for -lstdc++
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible
/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-linux-gnu/4.4.5/libstdc++.so when searching for -lstdc++
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible
/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-linux-gnu/4.4.5/libstdc++.a when searching for -lstdc++
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible
/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-linux-gnu/4.4.5/libstdc++.so when searching for -lstdc++
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible
/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-linux-gnu/4.4.5/libstdc++.a when searching for -lstdc++
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lstdc++
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake: *** [libfoo.la] Error 1

SKIP: tests/tagdemo-undef-exec.test (exit: 77)
==============================================

tagdemo-undef-exec.test: ===  Running tagdemo-undef-exec.test
tagdemo-undef-exec.test: ===  Running tagdemo-undef-exec.test
tagdemo-undef-exec.test: You must run tagdemo-make.test before running
./tests/tagdemo-undef-exec.test
dclarke@charon:~/build/libtool-2.4.2-001$

-- 
--
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x1D936C72FA35B44B
+-------------------------+-----------------------------------+
| Dennis Clarke           | Solaris and Linux and Open Source |
| [email-masked]   | Respect for open standards.       |
+-------------------------+-----------------------------------+