Subject: perl-indent-command vs. perldoc parts

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 18:57:47 +0800

If one marks the following region, and then runs
   TAB (translated from <tab>) runs the command perl-indent-command,

=head2 _encode_word()

    Usage    : my $encoded_quintet_word = _encode_word($signed_floating_point_coordinate);
    Function : turn a signed float (either a full coordinate 
    or a delta) for the _encode() function
    Returns  : a string containing one encoded coordinate that
    will be added to a polyline string
    Args     : one data word made of ASCII characters carrying
    a five-bit number per character from an encoded 
    Google polyline string

=cut

one will get:

=head2 _encode_word()

    Usage    : my $encoded_quintet_word = _encode_word($signed_floating_point_coordinate);
Function : turn a signed float (either a full coordinate 
    or a delta) for the _encode() function
    Returns  : a string containing one encoded coordinate that
    will be added to a polyline string
    Args     : one data word made of ASCII characters carrying
    a five-bit number per character from an encoded 
    Google polyline string

    =cut

One also notes trailing whitespace is retained.