Subject: bug#10557: GUILE_LOAD_PATH variable value ignored when setting %load-path.

From: Ian Hulin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 22:39:02 +0000

This doesn't appear to work as per page 41, section 4.2.2 Environment
Variables in the docs. Strangely enough, though settings of
GUILE_LOAD_COMPILED_PATH *are* observed and added to the front of
%load-compiled-path.

Cheers,
Ian Hulin

==================================================================================================
ian@ian-laptop ~/src/lilypond (T1686)$ echo $GUILE_LOAD_PATH

ian@ian-laptop ~/src/lilypond (T1686)$ guile
GNU Guile 2.0.3
Copyright (C) 1995-2011 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

Guile comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `,show w'.
This program is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; type `,show c' for details.

Enter `,help' for help.
scheme@(guile-user)> %load-path
$1 = ("/usr/local/share/guile/2.0" "/usr/local/share/guile/site/2.0"
"/usr/local/share/guile/site" "/usr/local/share/guile")
scheme@(guile-user)> ,q
ian@ian-laptop ~/src/lilypond (T1686)$ declare -x
GUILE_LOAD_COMPILED_PATH='/home/ian/src/lilypond/scm/out'
ian@ian-laptop ~/src/lilypond (T1686)$ guile
GNU Guile 2.0.3
Copyright (C) 1995-2011 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

Guile comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `,show w'.
This program is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; type `,show c' for details.

Enter `,help' for help.
scheme@(guile-user)> %load-path
$1 = ("/usr/local/share/guile/2.0" "/usr/local/share/guile/site/2.0"
"/usr/local/share/guile/site" "/usr/local/share/guile")
scheme@(guile-user)> ^\Quit
ian@ian-laptop ~/src/lilypond (T1686)$