Subject: bug#10551: closed (Re: bug#10551: 23.3; MAC OS X Emacs doesn't get all colors)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2020 11:57:01 +0000

Your bug report

#10551: 23.3; MAC OS X Emacs doesn't get all colors

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
10551: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=10551
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#10551: 23.3; MAC OS X Emacs doesn't get all colors
From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
To: "Daniel (Youngwhan) Song" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2020 11:56:36 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Alan Third <[email-masked]> writes:

> "Daniel (Youngwhan) Song" <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> HI,
>>
>> After a MAC OS X Emacs starts, when I do "M-x list-colors-display", it
>> shows only 37 colors. 
>>
>> David Caldwell showed me that it can be corrected
>> by "Type "C-h v x-colors" to get help on the x-color variable. Then click
>> where it says "common-win.el.gz" to go to the definition of the variable
>> in the emacs source code. Then type "C-M-x" to re-evaluate that part of
>> the code. Now when you do list-colors-display you should have 500+
>> colors."
>>
>> It may be a bug, and should be fixed.
>
> My money would be on the file ~/Library/Colors/Emacs.clr being corrupt
> in some way.
>
> Either way, it's been almost 8 years since the last report of this. Can
> anyone confirm whether it's still a problem?

Over three weeks and no response. I'm going to close this on the
assumption it's not a problem any more. If it is still a problem please
reply to this email and we can reopen the bug report.
-- 
Alan Third

Subject: 23.3; MAC OS X Emacs doesn't get all colors
From: "Daniel (Youngwhan) Song" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 17:01:46 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

HI,

After a MAC OS X Emacs starts, when I do "M-x list-colors-display", it
shows only 37 colors. 

David Caldwell showed me that it can be corrected
by "Type "C-h v x-colors" to get help on the x-color variable. Then click
where it says "common-win.el.gz" to go to the definition of the variable
in the emacs source code. Then type "C-M-x" to re-evaluate that part of
the code. Now when you do list-colors-display you should have 500+
colors."

It may be a bug, and should be fixed.

Thanks,
Daniel

In GNU Emacs 23.3.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin, NS apple-appkit-1038.36)
of 2011-12-13 on bob.porkrind.org
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1038
configured using `configure  '--host=x86_64-apple-darwin' '--build=i686-apple-darwin' '--with-ns' 'build_alias=i686-apple-darwin' 'host_alias=x86_64-apple-darwin' 'CC=gcc -mmacosx-version-min=10.5''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  nxhtml-menu-mode: t
  nxhtml-tag-do-also: t
  popcmp-group-alternatives: t
  popcmp-short-help-beside-alts: t
  mlinks-active-links: t
  rngalt-minimal-validation-header: t
  rngalt-display-validation-header: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<triple-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> 
<triple-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> 
<triple-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> <wheel-down> <double-wheel-down> 
<triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> 
<triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> 
<triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> <down-mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> C-x b n o <tab> <return> C-x 1 C-r k e r 
n e l C-r C-r <return> C-a C-n C-SPC <down> M-w C-p 
C-y C-p C-n M-f M-f M-f M-f M-f M-f M-f M-f M-f <right> 
<right> <right> <right> C-d 4 <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> C-d C-d C-d C-d C-d 
C-d C-d C-d <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> C-a C-SPC C-e M-w C-a C-SPC 
C-e M-w C-a C-SPC C-e M-w C-a C-SPC C-e M-w C-a C-h 
v x - 0 <backspace> c o l o <tab> <return> C-x o C-s 
c o m m o n C-g C-x o C-x o M-< <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<return> C-M-x M-x d i s <tab> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> l i s t <tab> d i s <tab> c o <tab> <return> 
C-x o C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v 
C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v C-x 
0 M-x r e p o y <backspace> <tab> r t <tab> <retur
n>

Recent messages:
call-interactively: End of bufferError during redisplay: (void-function mode-line-mode-name)
Error during redisplay: (void-function mode-line-mode-name) [2 times]
call-interactively: End of bufferError during redisplay: (void-function mode-line-mode-name)
Error during redisplay: (void-function mode-line-mode-name) [2 times]
call-interactively: End of bufferError during redisplay: (void-function mode-line-mode-name)
Error during redisplay: (void-function mode-line-mode-name) [2 times]
call-interactively: End of bufferError during redisplay: (void-function mode-line-mode-name)
Error during redisplay: (void-function mode-line-mode-name) [3 times]
Making completion list...
Error during redisplay: (void-function mode-line-mode-name) [4 times]

Load-path shadows:
/Users/dansong/.emacs.d/nxhtml/related/php-mode hides ~/.emacs.d/php-mode
~/.emacs.d/ansi-color hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/ansi-color

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr message ecomplete rfc822 mml mml-sec mailabbrev
nnheader gmm-utils mailheader canlock sha1 hex-util hashcash mail-utils
emacsbug jka-compr find-func multi-isearch newcomment python-21 python
sh-script xcscope php-mode etags cc-langs cc-mode cc-fonts cc-menus
speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe mercurial vc vc-dispatcher executable
color-theme sendmail reporter nxhtml-autostart nxhtml-autoload moz
cc-cmds majmodpri vc-git nxhtml-menu udev-rinari udev-ecb udev
flymake-js flymake css-color nxhtml-mode html-quote tidy-xhtml ediff
html-imenu imenu loadhist popcmp xhtml-help mlinks html-toc xml fupd
html-pagetoc foldit appmenu-fold appmenu mumamo sgml-mode rngalt
rng-nxml nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-glyph rng-valid rng-loc
rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns
nxml-util nxml-enc xmltok desktop help-mode view flyspell ispell
fold-dwim hideshow html-upl html-site ourcomments-util uniquify recentf
tree-widget org org-footnote org-src org-list org-faces org-compat
org-macs noutline outline ido bookmark apropos grep ffip compile
gimpedit web-vcs rx url-http tls url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-auth url-cookie url-util url-parse url-gw
url-vars mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 qp ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr cus-edit cus-start
cus-load web-autoload nxhtml-base tramp-imap assoc tramp-gw tramp-fish
tramp-smb tramp-cache tramp-ftp tramp-cmds tramp auth-source gnus-util
netrc time-date password-cache format-spec tramp-compat trampver git
ewoc psvn byte-opt warnings bytecomp byte-compile derived wid-edit
log-edit pcvs-util add-log diff-mode easy-mmode pp elp ediff-merg
ediff-diff ediff-wind ediff-mult ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util dired
cpp-match cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs regexp-opt bm
edmacro kmacro info shell-command shell comint ring advice help-fns
advice-preload ansi-color misc-cmds cl cl-19 tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win easymenu tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe
lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev loaddefs button minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties
overlay md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process ns multi-tty
emacs)