Subject: Re: bug#10551: 23.3; MAC OS X Emacs doesn't get all colors

From: David Caldwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 14:14:26 -0800

On 2/7/12 1:44 PM, Daniel (Youngwhan) Song wrote:
> The MAC OS X Emacs version has not been compiled by me, but David
Caldwell, whose email is cced here, too.

Hi, just wanted to clarify a little. The Emacs Daniel is running is from
emacsformacosx.com. It was built by me from the GNU source (pristine: no
extra patches) with this script:
<https://github.com/caldwell/build-emacs>, the salient part being lines
28 and 29 in "build-emacs-functions":

    (cd $SRC && env CC="$GCC -mmacosx-version-min=$MIN_OS" ./configure
--host=$HOST --build=i686-apple-darwin --with-ns &&
        env CC="$GCC -mmacosx-version-min=$MIN_OS" make clean install)

which can be con boiled down to

    ./configure --host=$HOST --build=i686-apple-darwin --with-ns &&
        make clean install

The build script runs as a normal unprivileged user and sudo is not
involved so the "don't build as root" resolution in bug 5683 doesn't
seem to apply in this case.

It could certainly still be a problem building--I'm not going to claim
my build script is beyond reproach. :-) But at this point it doesn't
appear that way.

-David