Subject: Re: bug#10537: Certain mails don't show up in *Summary*

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2012 23:05:04 +0100

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> If the header of the message don't appear in the nnimap buffer, then
> your IMAP server isn't sending the message to you.

I tried to debug this with

  (debug-on-entry (quote nnimap-send-command))

and, I guess, successfully.

The missing mails appear in the

  *nnimap imap.web.de nil  *nntpd**

buffer, but they are removed by `nnimap-transform-headers'.

This is how one of the disappearing mails looks like in that buffer:

* 59 FETCH (RFC822.SIZE 9863 BODYSTRUCTURE (("TEXT" "plain" ("charset" "utf-8") NIL NIL "QUOTED-PRINTABLE" 412 13 NIL ("inline" NIL) NIL NIL)("MESSAGE" "RFC822" NIL NIL NIL "7BIT" 2412 ("Thu, 05 Jan 2012 20:05:36 -0500" "Re: bug#10379: 23.3; calendar and positive scroll-margin" (("Glenn Morris" NIL "rgm" "gnu.org")) ((NIL NIL "debbugs-submit-bounces" "debbugs.gnu.org")) (("Glenn Morris" NIL "rgm" "gnu.org")) ((NIL NIL "10379-done" "debbugs.gnu.org")) NIL NIL {92}
<[email-masked]> (Michael Heerdegen's message of "Tue, 27
	Dec 2011 21:27:19 +0100") "<[email-masked]>") ("TEXT" "plain" ("charset" "us-ascii") NIL NIL "7BIT" 186 12 NIL NIL NIL NIL) 58 NIL ("inline" NIL) NIL NIL)("MESSAGE" "RFC822" NIL NIL NIL "7BIT" 5471 ("Tue, 27 Dec 2011 21:27:19 +0100" "23.3; calendar and positive scroll-margin" (("Michael Heerdegen" NIL "michael_heerdegen" "web.de")) ((NIL NIL "debbugs-submit-bounces" "debbugs.gnu.org")) ((NIL NIL "michael_heerdegen" "web.de")) ((NIL NIL "bug-gnu-emacs" "gnu.org")) NIL NIL NIL "<[email-masked]>") ("TEXT" "plain" ("charset" "us-ascii") NIL NIL "7BIT" 1667 43 NIL NIL NIL NIL) 115 NIL ("inline" NIL) NIL NIL) "mixed" ("boundary" "----------=_1325812202-11886-1") NIL NIL NIL) UID 4183 BODY[HEADER.FIELDS (SUBJECT FROM DATE MESSAGE-ID REFERENCES IN-REPLY-TO XREF TO NEWSGROUPS)] {364}
From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
To: [email-masked]
Subject: bug#10379: closed (Re: bug#10379: 23.3; calendar and positive
 scroll-margin)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]> <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2012 01:10:02 +0000

The problem seems to be that

  (looking-at "\\* [0-9]+ FETCH.+?UID \\([0-9]+\\)")

fails for those mails.

- Michael.