Subject: bug#10530: closed (Re: bug#10530: 24.0.92; tramp does not connect when username is not specified with plink)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 07:40:02 +0000

Your bug report

#10530: 24.0.92; tramp does not connect when username is not specified with plink

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
10530: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=10530
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#10530: 24.0.92; tramp does not connect when username is not specified with plink
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: Christoph Scholtes <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 08:38:50 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Christoph Scholtes <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 1/22/2012 5:58 AM, Michael Albinus wrote:
>
>> I've committed a patch to the trunk, which ought to implement this. Could
>> you, please, check?
>
> Works great. Thank you very much for working on this. The bug report
> can be closed.

Done.

> Christoph

Best regards, Michael.

Subject: 24.0.92; tramp does not connect when username is not specified with plink
From: Christoph Scholtes <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 21:01:13 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

With Emacs trunk r106887 on Windows 7 I use tramp to connect to a remote
machine via plink v0.62.

My tramp configuration:
(require 'tramp)
(setq tramp-default-method "plink")
(setq tramp-verbose 6)
(setq tramp-debug-buffer t)

When I access the file as follows

C-x-f, then /localhost#2222:

tramp asks for a username and the a password. Then the password prompt
keeps popping up over and over again. It never establishes a connection
it seems. I have to abort with C-g.

When I access the file like this

C-x-f, then /cschol@localhost#2222:

it asks for a passwords and connects right away.

Michael,
please let me know what kind of information I can provide to help debug
this. Thank you.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.92.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)
  of 2012-01-16 on MARVIN
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --cflags 
-ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include 
-ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src 
-ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include 
-ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include 
-ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include 
-ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include 
-ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include 
-ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/include --ldflags 
-LD:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/lib'