Subject: Re: bug#10530: 24.0.92; tramp does not connect when username is not specified with plink

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 13:33:42 +0100

Christoph Scholtes <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hallo Michael,

Hi Christoph,

> It now connects. I see the prompt of the remote shell in the debug
> log, but then it asks me again for a password with my username reset
> to my default username and port, i.e. Christoph@localhost.
>
> Snippet from debug log:

Neither I see a new password request, nor I see a connection as user
"Christoph". And it did some initialization actions, until it hung.

Unfortunately, you haven't shown the whole trace, which makes it hard to
follow the complete flow inside Tramp.

Could you, please, rerun a clean test:

- Stop Emacs
- Remove file ~/.emacs.d/tramp (which keeps cached values)
- Start "emacs -Q"
- Make your settings, like (setq tramp-verbose 6)
- Rerun your test
- Show the complete debug buffer

If the debug buffer contains sensitive information, you could send it
off-list. It doesn't contain passwords, 'tho.

> Thanks for your help.
> Christoph

Best regards, Michael.