Subject: Re: bug#10522: Patch: Improve optional variable and keyword notation in manual

From: Andy Wingo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2013 09:25:21 +0100

On Sat 09 Mar 2013 02:58, Daniel Hartwig <[email-masked]> writes:

>  -- Scheme Procedure: eval-string string [#:module=#f] [#:file=#f]
>           [#:line=#f] [#:column=#f] [#:lang=(current-language)]
>           [#:compile?=#f]
>
> we see that there is some potential confusion between the close,
> unescaped (as with @code, ‘’) nesting of the parens/brackets.

Should we remove the brackets entirely? i.e

 -- Scheme Procedure: eval-string string #:module=#f #:file=#f
          #:line=#f #:column=#f #:lang=(current-language)
          #:compile?=#f

Or with @code{}:

 -- Scheme Procedure: eval-string string #:module=‘#f’ #:file=‘#f’
          #:line=‘#f’ #:column=‘#f’ #:lang=‘(current-language)’
          #:compile?=‘#f’

Dunno, just throwing more ideas out there...

Andy
-- 
http://wingolog.org/