Subject: bug#10519: guile and (mini-)gmp

From: [email-masked] (Niels Möller)
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 10:49:03 +0100

Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]> writes:

> It would be good if you could duplicate the `mp_set_memory_functions'
> interface in mini-gmp.

I'm looking into this. I found that the GMP interface has one awkward
feature: The current allocation size must be passed as an argument to
the free and realloc functions. See
http://gmplib.org/list-archives/gmp-devel/2012-January/002161.html

Does guile make any use of these size arguments? I'm considering having
mini-gmp *not* support this part of the allocation interface, and
instead always pass zero, for the sake of simplicity. I imagine that the
vast majority of users of the custom alloction interface ignore these
argments anyway, and store allocation size for each block elsewhere,
e.g., in some block header.

Regards,
/Niels

-- 
Niels Möller. PGP-encrypted email is preferred. Keyid C0B98E26.
Internet email is subject to wholesale government surveillance.