Subject: Re: bug#10518: Failing compile of guile-2.0.3.157-1bd9a on Solaris 9 Sparc

From: Andy Wingo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2012 14:11:27 +0100

On Sun 15 Jan 2012 22:53, Dagobert Michelsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> I am currently trying to compile the "call-for-testers" guile-2.0.3.157-1bd9a on
> Solaris 9 Sparc with Sun Studio 12 and get a compilation error:

Thanks for giving it a try!  It's a bit embarassing that this didn't
work, but I did track down the issue today.

Some parts of Guile want byte arrays aligned on 8-byte boundaries.  We
use __attribute__((aligned(8))) on GCC to do that.  Probably your
compiler has something similar; it would be great if you could
contribute a patch to libguile/__scm.h to define SCM_ALIGNED there.

We do have a fallback that involves mallocing a buffer, and copying the
unaligned buffer into the malloc'd buffer.  That code was not working in
a couple of cases.  I think I have fixed it; at least, I tried it out
locally, and it worked for me.

Thanks for the report,

Andy
-- 
http://wingolog.org/