Subject: bug#10499: closed (Re: bug#10499: 24.0.92; Fortran 90 mode does not fontify preprocessor directives)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 19:37:02 +0000

Your bug report

#10499: 24.0.92; Fortran 90 mode does not fontify preprocessor directives

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
10499: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=10499
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#10499: 24.0.92; Fortran 90 mode does not fontify preprocessor directives
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 15:33:01 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 24.2

I added some f90 preprocessor highlighting to the emacs-24 branch, for
Emacs 24.2.

Subject: 24.0.92; Fortran 90 mode does not fontify preprocessor directives
From: Ushnish Basu <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 19:29:01 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

In Fortran 90 mode, preprocessor directives such as '#ifdef', '#else', 
'#endif' are not fontified correctly, unlike in Fortran 77 mode.

To reproduce, open two files - 'test.f90' and 'test.f'. In both, enter 
the following lines:

#ifdef
#else
#endif

These should be correctly highlighted in test.f, but not in test.f90.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.92.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.6)
  of 2012-01-12 on ubasu-desktop
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11004000
Important settings:
   value of $LC_ALL: nil
   value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
   value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
   value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
   value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
   value of $LC_TIME: nil
   value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
   default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: F90

Minor modes in effect:
   which-function-mode: t
   shell-dirtrack-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   column-number-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnuplot-mode/gnuplot hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnuplot
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnuplot-mode/gnuplot-gui hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnuplot-gui
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnuplot-mode/info-look.20.3 hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/info-look.20.3

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader warnings emacsbug fortran add-log which-func imenu
f90 cus-edit help-mode multi-isearch dired-aux view dired tramp-cache
ess-toolbar ess-mouse mouseme thingatpt browse-url ess-menu ess-swv
ess-noweb noweb-font-lock-mode ess-bugs-l essd-els ess-sas-d ess-sas-l
ess-sas-a executable ess-arc-d ess-vst-d ess-xls-d ess-lsp-l ess-sta-d
ess-sta-l make-regexp ess-sp6-d ess-sp5-d ess-sp3-d ess-r-d ess-r-args
ess-s-l ess-inf ess-utils ess-mode noweb-mode ess ess-custom ess-compat
ess-site mmm-auto mmm-vars mmm-compat scss-mode compile derived
zencoding-mode zencoding-trie php-mode etags cc-langs cl cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe gnus gnus-ems nnheader
mail-utils wid-edit octave-mod smie tramp tramp-compat auth-source eieio
byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv macroexp assoc gnus-util mm-util
mail-prsvr password-cache shell pcomplete comint ring format-spec advice
help-fns advice-preload tramp-loaddefs regexp-opt jka-compr paren delsel
cus-start cus-load info easymenu time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe
lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)