Subject: bug#10480: 24.0.92; cc-mode breakage due to "Large brace-block initialisation makes CC Mode slow: Fix"

From: Alex <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 16:37:51 +0100

I'm currently tracking the Emacs BZR/GIT repo for the current bleeding
edge code. It seems it broke over Christmas. While editing C code I was
constantly hit with back traces like the following:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (args-out-of-range 10389 15607)
  parse-partial-sexp(10389 15607)
  c-literal-limits(nil nil t)
  c-indent-new-comment-line(t)
  default-indent-new-line(t)
  do-auto-fill()
  apply(do-auto-fill nil)
  c-mask-paragraph(nil t do-auto-fill)
  c-do-auto-fill()
  self-insert-command(1)
  newline()
  newline-and-indent()
  call-interactively(newline-and-indent nil nil)

This often left emacs unusable, sometime wiping the current editing
buffer. Bisecting through the code tree I found it was the Large
brace-block fix that causes the regression. I'm afraid I can't provide
the code it broke on but was occurring all over the place so I don't
think it was anything special.

Regards,

Alex