Subject: Re: bug#10474: Building guile 2.x under mingw + msys

From: Andy Wingo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 16:47:02 +0100

Hi Eli,

On Thu 02 Feb 2012 18:34, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>  . module/ice-9/boot-9.scm -- absolute-path? does not support Windows
>                               file names with drive letters.  Windows
>                               absolute file names match the regex
>                               "\([a-zA-Z]:\)?[\\/]".  I don't know
>                               Scheme well enough to write this in a
>                               clean way, sorry...

I pushed a fix that recognizes drive components and UNC file names as
absolute, and that attempts to allow for (and prefer) backslash as a
file name separator on Windows systems.

> 	Fix startup of guile.exe on MS-Windows.
>
> 	* module/system/base/compile.scm (call-with-output-file/atomic):
> 	Call close-port before deleting the temporary file name, otherwise
> 	deletion fails on MS-Windows (cannot delete a file that is still
> 	open).

Applied, thanks.

> 	* libguile/load.c (scm_init_load_path) [__MINGW32__]: Convert
> 	backslashes to forward slashes in values of GUILE_LOAD_PATH and
> 	GUILE_LOAD_COMPILED_PATH.

Is this necessary now that backslash is recognized as a file name
separator?  I did not apply this part yet.

Still working on the rest.

Thanks,

Andy
-- 
http://wingolog.org/