Subject: Re: bug#10474: Building guile 2.x under mingw + msys

From: Andy Wingo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 19:10:41 +0100

Hi Eli,

I'm terribly sorry for the delay here.  I realize you've probably paged
out all of these patches from memory, but I would like to pick up the
loose ends.

On Thu 02 Feb 2012 18:34, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>  . lib/canonicalize-lgpl.c -- does not support Windows absolute file
>                               names.  Will be fixed in gnulib.

I see you got this into gnulib in November
(http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnulib/2012-11/msg00090.html).
I just updated our Gnulib so we have it now.  Thanks!

>  . libguile/dynl.c -- lacks setenv.  Gnulib's setenv should be used.

This change was made in Guile on 25 January 2012.

>  . libguile/expand.c -- Defines CONST and VOID.  Should define
>                         SCM_CONST and SCM_VOID (or some other, less
>                         ubiquitous, symbols) instead.

Fixed in Guile on July 6 2012.

>  . libguile/fports.c -- Doesn't implement fport_input_waiting when
>                         neither poll nor select nor FIONREAD are
>                         available, without which interactive guile
>                         won't start.  Should use the gnulib select
>                         module.

Just added the module; thanks.

>  . libguile/socket.c -- Lacks implementation of `times' for
>                         MS-Windows, without which guile.exe aborts
>                         during startup.  Should use the gnulib times
>                         module.

Added; thanks.

I'll deal with the patches in a separate mail.

Cheers,

Andy
-- 
http://wingolog.org/