Subject: bug#10474: Building guile 2.x under mingw + msys

From: Andy Wingo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 09:18:40 +0100

On Thu 21 Feb 2013 04:49, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> >   extern size_t iconv (iconv_t cd, const char* * inbuf, size_t *inbytesleft, char* * outbuf, size_t *outbytesleft);
>> 
>> In these files, `input' is a char*.  So &input should be a char**.
>> Shouldn't that cast to const char** without a warning?
>
> Maybe it's some obscure bug my compiler.  If you can get away without
> a warning in such situations, even when the prototype does specify
> "const char **", then feel free to disregard these changes.  They are
> certainly not Windows or MinGW specific.

I'm not trying to disregard your change, but the cast really shouldn't
be necessary.  Adding an explicit cast to (const char**) would start
causing warnings on platforms that have a posix iconv prototype, like
those with GNU libc.

So, very respectfully, I think I will not apply this one.

Andy
-- 
http://wingolog.org/