Subject: bug#10469: 24.0.92; find-name-dired quotes characters in output

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 01:54:57 +0100

Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> writes:

> > 1) C-h v dired-listing-switches says "may contain even ... `b'", yet
> > dired does not seem to handle the -b option of ls:
>
> This should be fixed now, and hence the original issue.

Works generally for me, thanks so far.  There is still a problem with
redisplay, however.  Recipe:

1. I have a directory "~/today/!testdir".  It contains a file "my file".

2. I run (find-name-dired "~/today/" "*my*").  Output looks like that:

     /home/micha/today/:
     find . \( -iname \*my\* \) -ls
     ...
     6324228    4 -rw-r--r--   1 micha    users    4 Jan 14 01:25 !testdir/my\ file
     
     find finished at Sat Jan 14 01:32:17

3. Move to "my\ file".  I can visit it, but if I hit l
(`dired-do-redisplay'), the file's line eventually appears like that:

     6324228    4 -rw-r--r--   1 micha    users    4 Jan 14 01:25 !!testdir/my file

I.e. with two `!' characters on the front (!), and without the backslash
before the space char.  If I now try to visit the file again, I get an error.

Dunno if this is the same issue or a different one.  In any case, with Emacs
23.3 I don't have that problem.

Thanks,

Michael.