Subject: bug#10462: Bug Report - Building all tools in 64Bit on Solaris 10.

From: Stefano Lattarini <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 19:16:41 +0100

tags 10462 minor
thanks

Hi Robert, thanks for the report.

On 01/09/2012 08:19 AM, ROBERT JONES wrote:
> See below.  The bottom line is the reset of CFLAGS to remove the -m64 for
> compiles that link....  Tests that didn't fail didn't have to link with
> anything else that was built when CFLAGS was untouched.
> 
> Robert W. Jones
>
The issue you have encountered is just a testsuite weakness; nothing you
should really worry about, since it is not a symptom of any real automake
bug.

Still, I'm not closing this bug report yet, since work is underway to improve
the automake testsuite, and your report highlight some weaknesses that we
might finally get to fix before the next major release.  Keeping this ticket
open will be a good reminder.

Thanks,
  Stefano