Subject: Re: bug#10461: emacs is not a macro-editor

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2012 02:05:54 +0100

I have forgotten that :
in my problem, file is build with very long lines (frequently 500  
bytes) on Mac Intosh. There are very important difference between  
logical lines (in file) and physical lines (in window).
the X-windows has not good position after execution my macro when two  
consecutive matches are very distant and require a refresh of the  
screen.

Quoting Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>:

> [email-masked] wrote:
>
>> If two matches are more distant  than about 50 lines the second match
>> is not found, but the macro can be repeated !
>
> It seems to work when I tried it.
> Can you give a complete example? Attach a (perhaps compressed) example
> file, and show exactly what you typed, starting from `emacs -Q', and
> what happened.
>