Subject: Re: bug#10461: emacs is not a macro-editor

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 19:46:10 +0100

I think this effect exists on Mac OS with Intel proc. In the past  
version on Fedora Scientific Linux) my macro work on the very big  
files (> 40Mo). It is possible there are conflict with my sartup. I  
see the cursor points in bad line, then it will be a bad section àf  
file which show in window (why?).

So, i prepare a test with your guide line.
    Thank Andrew

> [email-masked] wrote:
>
>> If two matches are more distant  than about 50 lines the second match
>> is not found, but the macro can be repeated !
>
> It seems to work when I tried it.
> Can you give a complete example? Attach a (perhaps compressed) example
> file, and show exactly what you typed, starting from `emacs -Q', and
> what happened.
>